iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What zit gonna be?

Started by Jeff, October 21, 2016, 02:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm building something.  I traded a hunk of redwood slab I had for enough cash to buy an entry level mig / flux core wire welder, cart, helmet and wire.  I'm teaching myself to weld and this is my first project.

My materials consist of a brute heavy Christmas tree stand Tammy's dad built years before he died, a model T driveshaft I found in the woods in da U.P. and a 11" 60 pitch sprocket that's been laying around for years in my junk pile.

So what could a guy build from those 3 things?  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DeerMeadowFarm

Rotating Christmas tree stand!

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ljohnsaw

Well, it depends.  Do you already have something in mind that you want us to guess or are you looking for suggestions?

If you already have something in mind, there is no way we could possibly guess what lurks in your head :D

However, if you are looking for an idea, perhaps a mail box stand?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WDH

Knowing you, it will be a rocket capable of going to Jupiter  :D 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Oh no, I know what it's going to be. Actually almost is now. All good guesses, but nothing really close. Cept maybe Jupiter. :D

WV_hillbilly

Hillbilly

Jeff

Now there is a better idea than I had! Other than if I need a bar stool, all I need is to go to www.ritelegco.com

21incher

A lightning rod to protect the new shop. ;D ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Mooseherder

A Weathervane?
If not, are you gonna change your project to a Weathervane? :D

Magicman

It needs to be something to do with cooking.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on October 21, 2016, 09:34:58 PM

Ahhh - a giant BBQ spit - mount it horizontal, slide on a whole pig and let 'er rip!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Mooseherder

Quote from: Magicman on October 21, 2016, 09:34:58 PM

Or Halloween.

sandsawmill14

come on jeff show us a pic or at least another clue the suspense is killing me smiley_gossip smiley_gossip headscratch ;) :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

A turner for the pig!!
If wrong any hints?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Nothing so special.  Clue: It is something in support of something else.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Not food related. Shop related.

sandsawmill14

support for a bench  grinder ???

LAZERDAN

A outdoor, gear driven, rotating , elevated christmas tree stand !                            or a bench grinder stand.

Jeff

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on October 22, 2016, 08:14:23 AM
support for a bench  grinder ???

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! :D :D (with taters)

I'll post pictures after I'm done grinding my beginner welds down. Don't want you guys zooming in on them.  I do know this, they are going to hold. ;)

See, we are now at food.

sandsawmill14

8) 8) 8)

we have built several of them but we used a truck axle and old flywheels for the base ;D

Ox

Jeff - those welds are known by me as gorilla welds...big strong and ugly.  Pretty welds don't mean they're strong welds, never be ashamed of your steel gluing habits!  :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jeff

I've decided to leave it just as it is. No grinding, no polishing or painting. I'm going to leave it just as it is so I can look back later to compare future projects to my first. Not saying they will get better, but I'll at least know if it's time to quit. :D

sandsawmill14

Thank You Sponsors!