iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Two in one day

Started by LeeB, October 20, 2016, 06:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

We lost two of our fur babies in one day. My cat has been sick for a week or so ever since I left to come back to work this time. Lindy has been trying to nurse him back to health with antibiotics and IV fluids. She went yesterday to the vet to get more meds and while she was gone our 10 year old Great Pyrenees, Millie, somehow got her foot cut off and bleed to death. Later the same day Frankie moved on to his next life. To say the least I am devastated.  I saved Millie as a puppy from a gunshot wound and Frankie was my boy. It's been hard to keep it together today and being so far away doesn't help at all. Even though they were just animals they were a big part of our lives. My heart is breaking.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

69bronco

So sorry Lee, it's bad enough losing one best friend. I can't imagine losing two the same day.

LeeB

I really feel for Lindy. She had to deal with it by herself and bury them. :(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

My heart goes out to you and Lindy.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

red

Sorry to hear. Author Jon Katz has many books about dogs . His book Going Home finding peace when pets die, has good reviews .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Chuck White

So sorry for your loss, Lee!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

That is tough Lee.  My heart aches for both you and Lindy.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

So very sorry for you and your wife. 

That happened to me.  I had a collie and a calico cat that I'd gotten at the same time.  They grew up together.  The collie began to have a series of mini strokes at 15 and was blind.  The cat used her as a bed for years.  One day I came home from work and the cat ran out as soon as I opened the door.  I found the collie curled up...gone.  The cat never came back. 

They are never "just animals" when you love them. 
Say when

rbhunter

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pets become a big part of ones life and losing one always hurt. I can't imagine losing two in one day.

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

thecfarm

Just animals,that sounds like someone that has never had a animal that is there day after day for you each and every day,and every minute of that day too.
That is sad to hear that you lost both in one day. The house must seem empty to Lindy and will when you get home.  :(
Like Roxie,I got a dog and a cat at the same time. They had great times together. The dog passed away first,than 2 weeks later the cat disappeared. We have no idea what happened.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Sorry to hear that Lee. Pass my condolences onto Lindy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

JJ

Lee,
Sorry about your pets.  I had a Great Pyrenees when I was a kid and he was a great dog and my best friend (we talked a lot).

I did get one back today.  Aug 8 my indoor cat was batting at moths on screen in open window, and fell out second story window when the screen popped out.  We did not see it happen, but woke to screen outside on ground, and no cat.  We search high and low, put up signs all over the town and placing traps wherever a black cat was reported seen.  After catching a feral black cat and a possum, we pretty much gave up.   My wife gets call from neighbor last night, and she put a trap out one more time; and now Shadow is back home.

She has already eaten 2 tins of tuna, and meowing like crazy for more.

Cant wait till the kids get home from school..  They are going to be thrilled, as they were very upset when we lost her.

jj

Autocar

Bill

Czech_Made

Den Socling

That's awful! I'm very sorry to read that. We have had a lot of cats and dogs over the decades and I still look at our current dog, Kona, and think how sad it would be if anything happened to him. He is always with me - day and night.

LeeB

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and kind words. Yesterday was rough. Hopefully today will be better. We still have one more sick cat. Hopefully she will pull through.

JJ

Big cryfest when kids (16, 14. and 12) find shadow home after school.
We are relieved as we move out next week and she has been missing for 2.5 months.

These companions are near family, not animals.
But you will be outliving them and hurts every time you loose one.

I think maybe you need rescue a new best friend.

JJ

timberlinetree

Sorry for your loss. They look like they could not have had better care takers. Hope some new friends find you in the future. Best of luck.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

LeeB

Not likely to get new ones any time real soon. We have 4 other cats and 5 more dogs. They will help to fill the empty spot. These two were extra special to me but the others are loved very much also. I've had their picture on my desk in front of me since yesterday. At least today I could look at it without blubbering.  :(
Good news is that the other sick cat seems to be pulling out of it. She is our oldest at 7 years.

LeeB

Quote from: JJ on October 20, 2016, 12:41:27 PM
Lee,
Sorry about your pets.  I had a Great Pyrenees when I was a kid and he was a great dog and my best friend (we talked a lot).

I did get one back today.  Aug 8 my indoor cat was batting at moths on screen in open window, and fell out second story window when the screen popped out.  We did not see it happen, but woke to screen outside on ground, and no cat.  We search high and low, put up signs all over the town and placing traps wherever a black cat was reported seen.  After catching a feral black cat and a possum, we pretty much gave up.   My wife gets call from neighbor last night, and she put a trap out one more time; and now Shadow is back home.

Beautiful cat. Glad you got her back home. 

She has already eaten 2 tins of tuna, and meowing like crazy for more.

Cant wait till the kids get home from school..  They are going to be thrilled, as they were very upset when we lost her.

Beautiful cat. Glad you got her back home.

jj

David Freed

LeeB

Quote from: thecfarm on October 20, 2016, 08:55:13 AM
Just animals,that sounds like someone that has never had a animal that is there day after day for you each and every day,and every minute of that day too.
That is sad to hear that you lost both in one day. The house must seem empty to Lindy and will when you get home.  :(
Like Roxie,I got a dog and a cat at the same time. They had great times together. The dog passed away first,than 2 weeks later the cat disappeared. We have no idea what happened.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.

Believe me Ray, they weren't just animals to me. They were a part of our family, and very much a part of my life. The cat, Frankie was my cat and I was his human. He would go nuts every time I packed my bag to come back to work. He would get in the suitcase and be a general pest. I see his hairs in there now and it tears me up.  Millie was my dog. She was an outside dog so no dog hair in my suitcase. I wish there was. Dang, thought I was getting better. Leaking again now.  :'(

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Roxie

That cat devotion can be very, very intense.

My late husband was an over the road trucker.  He would be home two days, gone four, home three, gone five, etc.  We argued over having his cat fixed when Puma began peeing on Charlies pillow when he was gone.  Charlie just told me to keep the bedroom door shut.  After that Puma ripped four leather chairs to pieces.  Charlie's response was to look lovingly at the cat and whisper "did ya miss me buddy?"  The next four days out schedule for Charlie, I scheduled Puma for an extended stay at the vets. 

It REALLY IS easier to ask forgiveness than permission. 

I know there will come a day after the initial grief passes, when you'll smile remembering all they brought to your life, good and bad (challenging really, not bad). 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!