iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beyond busy and figured I would post some pictures.

Started by BargeMonkey, October 19, 2016, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Got the chain fixed on my delimber and forwarded out some hemlock I had cut.

3hrs of fun by myself putting a boom chain back on. 

Ledges on a woodlot I was walking way out in nowhere, hard to get a good picture but most of them get 75+ ft high and vertical in spots. 

That's a 135 kobelco excavator down there. 

The bauer rig is drilling holes for the spillway.

Friend of mine sent me a picture of the boat I work on the other day, hope to be done soon. Have to change my name from BargeMonkey.  :D :D :D

;D finally seeing light on my divorce, never ever never again, lawyers exist just to make things worse and bleed people dry.

OH logger

just curious, do the landowners  get antsy if your gone from the loggin job that long? or do they at least realize that your workin your tail off and not just layin around with the girl in the last pic? Ive had some that if I'm not there right at daylight call and see if I'm alive. real annoying  >:(.   nice pics though. I like the one with the excavator in the big deep hole. looks like a Tonka toy in there   :D those rocks are cool to look at but I would hate to work around em. and is that a built rite processor? well get some rest barge... or should I say log monkey? ;D
john

timberlinetree

Beyond busy... I know something about that! Those are some neat pics. Does the guy in the hole wear a life vest in case he hits water? I know of a big pond that was a pit until he hit water. The machine still down there,(they say)but that was when I was a kid and they may have been kidding around? Thanks for posting!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: LeeB on October 20, 2016, 07:19:34 AM
What is the tunnel for?
Bypass tunnel at a local dam. Supposedly adding a turbine on the exit side for power generation, it's quite the project and we hear bits and pieces. This phase will go on 4+ more yrs and 2 ??? More phases after I guess. It's quite the show.  :D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: timberlinetree on October 20, 2016, 07:05:29 AM
Beyond busy... I know something about that! Those are some neat pics. Does the guy in the hole wear a life vest in case he hits water? I know of a big pond that was a pit until he hit water. The machine still down there,(they say)but that was when I was a kid and they may have been kidding around? Thanks for posting!
They only had 18-24" of water and trying to plug it when they mesh and concrete the walls, they figured on some water when they got below dam height. Supposed to go down 205ft, then they start in with a tunnel boring machine and go 2 other ways. Figured I would post some pictures because it's a type of work most people never see. Beyond busy isn't the word for alot of us right now.  :D

treeslayer2003

i hear ya on the divorce. been 20 years for me.....i should make a will, the hand brake i have now has been great, but no, no marrying.

Autocar

One thing for sure you have alot of iron to mantain  ;D   And the guy in the deep hole must have B##ls the size of coconuts eather that or he's nuts  :D.
Bill

thecfarm

Bargemonkey,got a name for that project? I know you have been talking about it. How many billions will it cost?  :o Would like to google it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

I will let them dig about 200 more feet. That should just about do it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on October 20, 2016, 06:27:43 PM
Bargemonkey,got a name for that project? I know you have been talking about it. How many billions will it cost?  :o Would like to google it.
Gilboa Dam. Southern Schoharie county. No clue on cost, I stay quiet and stay in the truck, it's union heavy and scale wages so can be replaced quick.  :D

ehp

Barge, you better treat her right cause just by looking at her you could end up loosing a part of your body during the night when your a sleep  8). Quite interesting on that hole in the ground , sure is going to be a long was down in there

thecfarm

Thought I was doing good until I saw the project will be finished 2 years earlier in 2014. That was a $400 million.

BargeMonkey

That's a Brute H-106 that's had a built-rite style grapple and saw box added, the original engine was tired and I transplanted a 4-239N out of a 440B a few yrs ago. Does a cord including loading the live deck in roughly 45mins with fairly ugly wood.
Most of the landowners are pretty good about it, I explain right up front that between me going away, weather, dirtwork and log prices that it takes me a while sometimes, this job in particular was 99% fw and super lowgrade. These guys care about deer hunting and ATV trails, I kept alot of the mature oaks and made some awesome food plots.
The work down there is nice but the last yr has worn on my father pretty good, I've talked about getting off the boats for 5-6yrs and now I've got no choice. Finally seeing light on the divorce, about killed me. They are all crazy, I recently saw a video on YouTube called the "hot/crazy" matrix that scientifically explains it all.

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

tantoy

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

coxy

CCC4

Good looking Woman ya got there BM...yeh, I know all about the "hawt/crazy train"...meh, they crazy...might as well be hawt too if yer gonna have to deal with crazy! Ain't got time for an ugly craazy train!! Lol!!

dgdrls

Gilboa Dam is tied to the NYC water system, 
Hurricane Irene was not nice to that facility.
Downstream impacts would be devastating if it failed

http://www.water-technology.net/projects/gilboa-dam-reconstruction-new-york/

D

HiTech

Nice pictures...glad you at least had time to post them. lol One of these days you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. As for lawyers it is best I not post what I think of them. They will do anything for billable hours. Ya got yourself a nice looking lady there also...hold on tight. Before you know you will be saying where can I get some work? lol

Thank You Sponsors!