iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

question on self loader

Started by slider, October 19, 2016, 05:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I have just raised my bolsters to 53 inches so i can put side panels on this truck.In our tree service we haul logs and debris.I am not comfortable hauling debris without sides.This truck does not dump.I am thinking that by adding sides i will hinder my ability to unload logs.
I may can build the sides so they can be removed when we haul logs.Is anyone using a rig like this with sides that hauls logs and trash ? looking for advice.al

al glenn

thecfarm

Just the other morning I got behind the guy that lived below me growing up. A bucket truck,service truck,and a truck like yours with,what I think is ¼ inch flat steel, that goes ¾ the length of the truck and to the top of the stakes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberjack 240a

I took a 20 ft shipping container. Cut the floor off along with the doors. Then cut it length wise down the middle. Overlapped them 6" so it was the width between my bunks. Welded them back together and it works perfect. Flipped it over so the roof is now the floor. I can pick it up with the loader and chain it down in 5 minutes when I need to move brush, stumps, or chunks. Take it back out in 5 minutes and go back to hauling logs. I put the open end toward my loader against the headboard so the whole bed is enclosed.
When all else fails, cut it and see what happens.
2016 kenworth t800, rotobec elite, timberjack 240a, deere 450j, kobelco 70sr, mahindra 4035, to many saws to count

starmac

A guy up here has an bed with sides on his self loader truck. It dumps, but last year towards the end of the season he busted through the overflow and was stuck. A friend og mine told him to unload it while went and got a blade and he would pull him out.

he had never tried to unload with the loader before and he had a pretty good size grappel, it didn't work for beans, so they wound up getting an 8 to pull it out loaded.
I think his grappel was just too big to maneuver inside the bed, he got the top logs off fine.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

slider

I think i'm going to make the sides removable.
al glenn

mike_belben

Leave a panel thats got hinges along the rub rail about 4ft long and full height.  This way you can swing it down (like an an airliner side door) to make clearance for the grapple to grab stems stuck in the corners.  You could spin your grapple to sweep stuff to this area to bunch it or just sweep it out the side.  A chunk of I-beam is great for grapple sweeping.  Bark buildup, chaff and rounds etc.
Praise The Lord

NWP

I cut my log bunks off flush and welded a 20 ft shipping container with the top cut out on mine. I've hauled hundreds of loads of both logs and brush. The sides have gotten bowed out on the container but as much as I use it I'm not surprised. Log bunks would be easier for the logs but if you are frequently hauling both it is easier than switching something back and forth.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

slider

NWP i have put that project on hold for now.We bought a new 20 ft big tex goose neck dump that works fine.I have used it for logs as well but it is hard to see over in side when loading it with the self loader.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!