iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What would you do?

Started by Maine logger88, October 18, 2016, 10:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

If these idiots showed up on your job site? I'd like to think I'd handle it as well as this guy but I don't know...

https://youtu.be/z763t-aDQV8
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

newoodguy78

That's a good man to deal with that the way he did. I'm pretty sure I'd have been inclined to give that knucklehead a tilt-a-whirl ride that he wouldn't have been real fond of.
Makes me wonder how many of those tree species he listed were used in the construction of the house he lives in.  :)

sandsawmill14

i can assure you i wouldnt have been so patient and the video wouldnt be over 3 minutes long and back to cutting  ;D ;) at least till the law got there ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

CCC4

At first I thought it was a topless gurl! I was thinking that wouldn't seem so bad...but it had a beard n stuff! Ewwww....LOL!

Maine logger88

Quote from: CCC4 on October 18, 2016, 11:06:11 PM
At first I thought it was a topless gurl! I was thinking that wouldn't seem so bad...but it had a beard n stuff! Ewwww....LOL!
I thought the same thing. I was disappointed lol lol lol

longtime lurker

Well it only took one look to tell it wasn't in Australia's forest wars... The protestors were all clean, looked like they'd showered in the last month. And you could say that about the machine as well... No graffiti, no anchor points for the cab guards to cover the glass at night... All that stuff. Gets nasty at times.
Sand in walkmotors/planetaries/finals were a favourite locally during the big protests of the 80's

Truth is there's not much you can do. They travel in packs, and one of them always is recording the " action "... which is later carefully edited so the world can see the abusive logger come out of his cab. The rock through the glass first part gets deleted of course. Guy screwed up actually... You should never get out of the cab, and never say anything or otherwise engage.

Least not till you take out the one with the camera...

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

RHP Logging

Nice tramp stamp the dude had. I thought it was a girl too the way he was walking. I wouldn't quit working.  I wonder how that would work if someone who wandered into an active Logging site like that and gets hurt insurance wise?  Why don't these jerks go after farmers? Their land got cleared somehow right? They kill millions of plants every year. Ignorant spoiled people.  This kind of crap didnt happens 150 years ago.  We were all too busy surviving.
Buckin in the woods

ehp

I guess I'm a little bit different than most , first off I would of called the cops , second that guy would never ever touch my machine ever . Yep Im sure I would of gotten in trouble but its not the first time and I'm sure will not be my last time either

Ox

Pretty easy to see who's got a job and who's a bum, huh?  These sort of folks make me cringe in a feral way. 

To the "pretty blonde dude" who looks like a girl - don't you dare come onto my property.  That's all I'll say.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sandsawmill14

i would have brushed him once with a top as a warning and then just cut like they werent there >:( ;D

thecfarm

I had a guy at my other job that thought logging was bad. He was a type that I could talk to and tell him the good of logging and we would nicely debate. He even came up here and I showed him places I had cut years ago,just last year and today cutting. He was shocked at the regen. He had no idea. He left here a changed man.
I have another one at my current job. He's like the numbies in the video.  ::)   I talked to him some,but oh no,you have to plant a tree for each one I cut.  ::)  Can't tell him for each one I cut,100 come up in it's place. He has no idea. I have no idea where he comes up with his ideas. He's an expert at nothing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

killamplanes

And I thought I had headaches logging. That's crazy. Call cops, trespasser he probly has warrants for drug related stuff or back child support.  That's my take but glad I wasn't there I have short fuse for this kinda thing.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

OH logger

wow that's really tough to watch. I couldnt hear with the crappy audio...maybe that's a good thing. my blood pressure is high enough as it is. what a bunch of loser low lifes. 100 years ago these morons would've got pretty hungry. they need a job!! the type of idiots and idiot ideals our society accepts these days is beyond belief!!
john

Maine logger88

Not to get you guys blood pressure higher but here they go again but this ones ending is better!
https://youtu.be/92JDoJ3xVIA

longtime lurker

As I understand it, and I ain't a lawyer - and this is here so might be slightly different but probably not that different :

Once we got our signage up it's an offense to enter an active harvest zone without permission. It's also an offense to jaywalk though and there's probably more likelihood of a fine if taken to court so... my experience is that unless theirs actual vandalism and proof the police ain't going to do more then tell them to move along. And the same again tomorrow and the day after that, and the day after that...

Someone wanders in and gets hurt:  if you see someone then you have to stop until they leave. It's that whole duty of care business and if you continue to work and some gets hurt... guess who OHSA is going to want to put in jail? Someone wanders in and gets swatted by a tree before you know they're there and it's still going to be an insurance and legal nightmare.

Running someone over with a machine is the same as running them downn with a car and we're talking jail time. Bumping them with one would be at least assault, and these guys always have a camera rolling.

Sad part is that mostly I sympathize with them in a lot of ways. I'm a little selective cut logger, and I don't support big industry chipping high value old growth forest either. Not because I want to save the trees but because it's too valuable a resource to waste that way, when it could be selectively cut for years with no environmental damage. I've seen what big industry does when there's no brakes applied and it's sickening - problem is white girl and his compadres are too lazy or broke to get their asses to the third world places where they really should be trying to achieve something.

C'est la vie...
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Ox

I wanna know how these hippies survive.  No skills.  No brains.  No purpose.  Utterly useless.  I'll bet they're living in a wood framed house.  Likely their mommy and daddy's house.  It's official.  I hate them.  That "guy" was the most awkward, feminine squatting "male" I've witnessed in a while.  Made me want to slap some manliness into him.  I hope he never mates because the offspring will be completely brainwashed and useless as well.

If this sort of venting is too rough for the forum, mods, I apologize.  I tried to keep it toned down...
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Maine logger88

Haha pretty much exactly how I feel ox! Although maybe there isn't much wood used in his parents basement lol lol lol!

thecfarm

Them"people"are so stupid. I guess they think that Fred and Burt just sit around and say,"well what are going to do today? Let's go over the Backwoods Road and cut off about 100 acres.  ::)
I would like them to live one year without any wood products. No contact with any wood product.
They seem to think all those trees are going to waste. Just cut them down and haul them off and let them rot somewheres.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BEEMERS

That stuff makes me sick..seems like after a little bit of that theyd employ some kind of security to head these freaks off and keep them from entering the work zone..whether fromyour own company,a private security firm or deputy or reserve police to head off  a possibly deadly situation.
They have security around stages,concerts,events of every sort.....treat it the same way.
I t may cost,but shutting down that operation is a huge cost. Not to mention the risks of that confrontation..If he doesn't have a disability check, I guarantee you hes looking for one.

sandsawmill14

so far we have been lucky about not having any trouble like this around here at least not that i have heard of  ??? but it may because everyone within a 20 mile radius has either a family member or friend working in the forestry industry in some form or the other either logging, saw milling, or tree trimming ... ;D
  they are fixing to start cutting 10 acres for us next week then 27 more in a different tract soon as thats finished so after me posting we dont have that trouble they will probably show up everyday once the logging starts :o  ::)  thats just my luck :D :D :D

timberlinetree

Wish they could have arrest the filmer too! Do they use plastic toilet paper. Glad I m not a cop,  I would have lost my job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Peter Drouin

I can't say what I would do to them, here, But, It would be fun. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ox

I seriously would love to sit down and talk, under controlled conditions, and find out just what they're thinking.  Maybe see where they're coming from.  And then have the chance to explain to them how trees are one of our greatest natural renewable resources.  It just takes a little time to renew, is all.  Why aren't they protesting the capturing of the wind or the stealing of the solar rays so that plant life under the solar panels can't grow properly because of evil human theft.  What about damming up rivers for hydro power?  It must go, for the water's natural path has been altered by the evil humans.  Unless these buttheads live in a tent made out of grass and wear clothes that are the same, I refuse to even acknowledge their protesting.

gump

Save the trees that made the paper his "prayer" was written on!!??

Thank You Sponsors!