iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paddle Boards

Started by Raider Bill, October 17, 2016, 10:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Sue Ann is wanting a paddle board for her B-Day next month. Mostly she wants to mosey around the inter coastal for sun and exercise plus she wants to do her yoga on it.
I've been looking at a Bote Axion 12' Bit wider that a normal board.
Any suggestions?
This is her and  Chubie on a loaner couple weeks ago

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Raider Bill

I can't believe you sawmill,woodsy, mountain guys know nothing about paddle boards. thought boards were boards :D

red

I am very well educated on Paddle Boards .  The paddle board comes out after the wooden spoon breaks.  Sometimes  there is a foot Chase . Usually followed by no dinner .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Jeff

I built a paddleboard website 4 years ago, but alas, they decided to go strictly facebook after a year so lost the business. Just went and looked, don't see them on facebook either.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Yoga on a paddle board......   8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Chuck White

paddle-boarding seems to be the new up and coming thing these days!

Wouldn't be for me though!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Why not Chuck.   You have a lanyard around your ankle so the dog can pull you back after you fall.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

I have a good friend who used to be a factory rep for Prijon Kayaks. He is always trying to get me on a board. He reps some paddle board manufacturer now. I tell him that for the price they want, I want sides and a seat!  :D

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

Apparently Paulownia is the wood of choice for making paddle boards. So anyone who's being over run with them, get sawing.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Raider Bill

Quote from: LeeB on October 20, 2016, 04:17:06 AM
and a motor

That's my thought too.

I used to have a weed whacker that you could switch out attachments. One of the attachments I had was a small propeller. Worked pretty good on the canoe. I bet it would have worked great on a paddle board.

Paddle boarding in this area is very popular. I see guys out fishing off them even watched a guy throwing a cast net off one for mullet. He had a lot of balance...

I personally like to watch the Saturday morning "hottie board" yoga classes.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Ianab on October 20, 2016, 05:27:28 AM
Apparently Paulownia is the wood of choice for making paddle boards. So anyone who's being over run with them, get sawing.  :D
I have only milled one Paulownia tree.  Very light and course grain wood.  Paddle makers like it too. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

fishpharmer

My daughter wanted one for her birthday.   Ended up with one from Academy Sports on sale.  It was a lot like this...
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/pelican-baja-100-10-stand-up-paddleboard#repChildCatid=3441661
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Now you can borrow it and do your Yoga.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberlinetree

Looks like the doggy likes it to!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!