iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost a brother

Started by WV Sawmiller, October 16, 2016, 11:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Got word this afternoon my 66 y/o brother died in a hospital in Pensacola today. I took my mom home after a 3 week visit to a family reunion in Atlanta yesterday and my younger brother met us there who took her home to NW Fla afterwards. At the reunion he got the message from our SIL our brother was admitted Friday. He had lung cancer 7-8 years ago but all indications were he had beat it. He passed out a month ago in a store and they could not find any cause. Friday he got jaundiced and went to the clinic, they sent him to the ER who admitted him. I talked to him this morning and he sounded normal but had to leave for a CT. I called him back in the afternoon and he was real woozy and talking about sepsis. Evidently (I'm guess at this stage as no confirmation) that his organs had shut down and poisoned him in the process.

My big concern is for our 86 y/o mom as it will be especially hard on her.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandsawmill14

i am so sorry for you lose  :( and will keep you and your mom  in my prayers :(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

LeeB

I am truly sorry for your loss. I think for me, loosing a sibling was harder than the loss of my parents.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Too young to hear that has happened.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

My condolences, sympathies and prayers for you and your family.  Roger
Roger

Dan_Shade

Please accept my condolences
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Seaman

Sorry to hear, it will be real hard on Mom.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

coxy

Chuck White

Always sad to hear such news!

Prayers for you and the family for strength at this trying time!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bucknwfl

Mr green, sorry to hear. We will be praying for your family

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Savannahdan

I'm sorry for your loss and we'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Jeff

So sorry to hear. Having lost a sister, I know it's a tough time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Thx for all your thoughts and prayers. I'll probably be off the site for the next few days. Stay safe. Come up to Hinton WV for the Railroad Days Festivities this Saturday and Sunday if you are in the area and get the chance. Go on down to Talcott and see John Henry while you are at it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I am so sorry and offer my sincerest condolences to you and your entire family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Very sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers from here as well.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

barbender

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Too many irons in the fire

Roxie

My sincerest sympathy for your loss.  I always wish there was more I could say or offer at times like this, but my heart goes out to you and your family. 
Say when

gspren

So sorry for your loss. Your mom just lost a son which is extra hard, be there for her.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Autocar

Sorry to hear about your brother, we will keep you and your family in our prayers
Bill

samandothers

So sorry for your loss.  It would be hard loosing a sibling. 

Den Socling

This is very sad news. You and your family will be in our thoughts. I hope your mother can handle the loss.

timberlinetree

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Czech_Made

I am truly sorry for your loss.

DeerMeadowFarm

ppine

The only cure for Birth and Death,
Is to enjoy the Interval.

George Santayana
Forester

thechknhwk

WDH

Howard,

So sad to hear this.  Thinking of you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My prayers are with you Howard and your Mother.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kensfarm

I'm very sorry you lost your brother.. God bless your family. 

buzywoodliff

Sorry to hear.... Prayers for all of you from Michigan

David Freed

Sorry for your loss. We'll be praying for you.

yukon cornelius

sorry for your loss! our family will be praying for you all.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bill Gaiche

Sorry for your loss, and may your mother endure this painful day. bg

plowboyswr

Can't say anything that hasn't been said, but will send my prayers  for you and yours.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

WV Sawmiller

Thanks to all. We had the funeral yesterday. I was reminded of common courtesy in the rural areas as we drove from the funeral home to the cemetery and even on-coming traffic on the other side of a divided highway pulled off the highway to show respect. I think most states no longer require this but people around where I grew up still do. Also since we crossed county lines the Santa Rosa county deputy led us out then handed off to his Escambia County counterpart at the river/county line and he stood there with his hat off till we passed.

It took so long for my family to get the funeral scheduled I decided we must have African ancestors as when I worked over in Africa they always held the funeral till the weekends so everyone could attend and not miss work. They called a funeral a "Cry" and it was a big social event. Even white strangers like me would be invited to attend the festivities when I'd happen to accidentally drive into a remote village while sight seeing when a "Cry" was going on. They were sincere and friendly and I often wonder if they didn't have a better idea of how to honor their dead than we do.

It was good to see old friends and some family I have not seen in generations but regret the circumstances that led me there.

My wife was committed to print pictures in Charlotte last night for our daughter from last summers children's cancer camp and since we took so long she had to leave early and I rented a car in Pensacola and drove back to Charlotte last night. The picture printing was of kids pictures the kids took as a camp activity last summer and used to highlight the events and as a fundraising and it was a big hit with the parents and supporters although both my wife and very pregnant daughter were worn out by the time they finished. A big thanks to the Canon customer service people who rushed her an order of extra, special ink to complete the project since we missed her other shipment by being in transit at the time.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!