iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you put in your cottage cheese? (If you eat it)

Started by Okrafarmer, October 13, 2016, 08:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Yes, I pour liquid coffee into it. You can put just a tad, to give a hint of flavor, or you can put as much as you like. I've tried varying amounts, and I like it fine. It goes real well with the peanut butter in there.
8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ox

I'll hafta give it a shot next time we get some cottage cheese in the house.  Also one of my favorite foods.  I like mine with sliced pepperoni.  Put a slice on the end of a fork, dip in and get a bunch of cheese...mmmmmmm delicious!
Now I'm hungry.  :(
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Old Biker

mmm Bacon. Cook it crisp and crumble it in. But then everything tastes good with bacon.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Old Biker on October 17, 2016, 02:59:01 AM
mmm Bacon. Cook it crisp and crumble it in. But then everything tastes good with bacon.

Yes indeed. Welcome to the Forum, Old Biker! How long have you been hanging around?  :)

Roxie

Bacon!  I never thought about trying bacon, and I'm allergic to eggs so that sounds like it would be great for breakfast. 

Yes indeed, Old Biker.  Welcome to the forum. 
Say when

cinnabar

coxy

Quote from: Roxie on October 17, 2016, 09:17:27 AM
Bacon!  I never thought about trying bacon, and I'm allergic to eggs so that sounds like it would be great for breakfast. 

Yes indeed, Old Biker.  Welcome to the forum.
that stinks Roxie never heard any one being allergic to eggs before     how do you make cake and things like that

Roxie

For cakes, applesauce and oil are substituted for the egg.  It really doesn't change the taste much.  Ironically, I can fry perfect eggs, just can't eat them. 

When it really bothers me is pumpkin pie and meringue pies.  There are many recipes for egg free pumpkin desserts, but they just aren't the same. 

Say when

Raider Bill

Today I picked a nice ripe pineapple out of the garden for my cottage cheese. Nothing better that fresh picked fruit!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Old Biker

Thanks for the welcome! I have been hanging around for some time and then because someone else was trying to do something to the admins account. All IP addresses above a certain number were banned and mine was in that bunch. So I finally got an email to our admins and got back on. I was looking at doing some wood cutting as a boost to my income and keep me active. Now I have been laid off from work and need to get more serious about processing some firewood.

Okrafarmer

Yes, there's always wood processing to get some income when you need it!

Engineer

I like large curd cheese and I eat it with salt and lots of coarse black pepper, or fresh chives from the herb garden.  It's also great in lasagna especially if you whiz it in the blender first. 

woodsteach

We would go through a 5lb container of the stuff weekly if the MRS would buy it that often.  I like adding homemade Sorghum Syrup to my Cottage Cheese!

Paul
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

LittleJohn

Cinnamon/sugar mixture, if its with breakfast or as a snack
...otherwise straight black pepper if its with a "major" meal

moosehunter

Ketchup . Yup I said ketchup. Learned it from my mom. My better half says she's gonna throw up when she sees me eating it. Try it, you'll like it!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

Cottage cheese with ketchup ??? ??? I was gonna say but Raider Bill beat me to it ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tree-farmer

Eat it plain now, but as kid loved ketchup on it. Really grossed some folks out, that made it that much better :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

buzywoodliff

Usually just a little pepper.  Something my Dad and I used to fix up though.... A little scoop of cottage cheese on a ritz cracker with a green olive on top.

Paul_H

When we have chili we often put a dollop of cottage cheese on top and it goes pretty well
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

Especially when that chili would start a 3 alarm fire. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sandhills

Never thought of that, now I have to try it sounds good.

Thank You Sponsors!