iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 340 chainsaw

Started by Nickv27, October 13, 2016, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickv27

I have a husqvarna 340 chainsaw, and I went to HL supply and purchased a 45mm big bore kit for the saw, so yesterday I went to install and everything went well but when I went to go start it I was getting a metal on metal hitting noise. The piston wasn't hitting the spark plug, flywheel isn't hitting the coil, and there's no scoring or hitting anywhere on the piston. Never have had an issue like this and I can not figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Nickv27

Figured it out, ended up being the cylinder cup bolts were too long and not tightening properly and was leaving a space letting top end to move. Got shorter bolts and worked good and runs great.

John Mc

Glad it worked out for you, and welcome to the chainsaw forum.

BTW, in the future, you may get a better response to this type of question if you put it in the chainsaw section (plus, it makes it easier for others to find it again in the future).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SawTroll

If the top end and bearing cup/cylinder base was sold as a "conversion kit" for the 340/345, it sounds like the seller has some "homework" to do. The correct bolts should of course have been included.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!