iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went to Indianapolis today.

Started by jdw, October 12, 2016, 08:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw

And a big orange LT35hd followed me home ;D tried it out at woodmizer was impressed with the hydraulics. Going in the morning to cut some ties see how it performs I'll have an up date tomorrow.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

Way to go, JDW,  Those hydraulics are impressive.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

caveman

Good deal JDW.  They did not make the LT-35 when we bought our LT-28.  If they did, we would have had to give it careful consideration.  I will be in Indy next week for a few days for the National FFA Convention.  Several years ago while there, I toured the Wood-Mizer facility and was impressed.
Caveman

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, JDW.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scully

I bleed orange  .

tnaz

jdw

No update today it rained all day  :-[ it's like having a toy that you can't play with.

jdw

Well sad to state my woodmizer adventure is off to a real bad start. Rained all day yesterday so I couldn't use it, so got up early this morning eager to go got out to my other place leveled it all up ready to saw or so I thought. Turned the key on no power to nothing, drove into town called woodmizer seems I got a bad fuse be Monday before it gets here. I hope this lines it out lots of money spent to be broke before I got to use it. :-\

4x4American

Did you get that from the new facility?
Boy, back in my day..

jdw

jdw

So it turns out there was a new breaker mounted to my battery cover. So I'm up and running so far I'm satisfied with the mill love the hydraulics for sure. Not to impressed with the kholer engine though. But my biggest problem is the blades I bought with the mill there the 4 degree blades but the life of them is mabe 100 bf that's not good at all and even worse I'm running the debarker. I have never used woodmizer blades before is this common for them? Or could it be I got bad blades?  Any info on blades would be appreciated.

Magicman

Even with the Debarker you must be sawing through some dirt or something that is deeply embedded in the bark.  Dull blades are not the blade's fault.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jdw

I had a Norwood lm29 and could cut 10 ties on one blade now I wasn't saving the lumber just making 4 cuts. That seems more like what I'm looking for. I never thought to check the debarker could it be possible it's not aligned properly? I'll have to take a good look at it tomorrow.

Chuck White

A friend of mine recently bought a new LT35HDG25.

Not sure, but it seems to me that there is something wrong with the debarker on it!  Looking down from the top of the debarker, the blade turns clockwise, and when starting the cut, it pulls itself toward the center of the log before it finally gets out onto the bark.

I might be all wrong, but I don't think the debarker is mounted properly or it turns the wrong direction.  The mud flap is on the forward side of the of the debarker, completely useless to the operator!

Anyone have a video of the debarker in use on the LT35?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jdw

My flap is on the front as well I'm getting ready to head out there I'll get a good look at it see if it's working properly.

Chuck White

I talked with Jack at Hannibal Wood-Mizer and he indicated that the mudflap is mounted on the front side of the debarker, due to the rotation of the blade and it is in front to protect the offbearer!

Blade rotation is just the opposite of the older models, such as the one I have!

jdw

Well I'm 26 hours on the mill now have lots of ties cut and a big stack of lumber. All in all I like it it already looks used but I guess things can't stay shiny forever  ;D. The one dislike I have is the kholer engine it just seems weak and not to mention at 1.3 hours the float stuck filled the cylinders up with gas killed the plugs and filled the crankcase with gas. So it got its first tune up/ oil change at 1.3 hours. But I'll run it till it dies mabe between now and then it will grow on me :-\

4x4American

I think you're supposta disconnect the fuel lines when not in use or on the road with the new style tank to prevent that from happening,,not 100% on that
Boy, back in my day..

jdw

It has a fuel shut off built in the line it was shut off during transport.

hopm

Quote from: Magicman on October 16, 2016, 11:02:14 PM
Dull blades are not the blade's fault.

Quote of the day!!!! Gotta love it!!

Thank You Sponsors!