iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big New Beaver

Started by AlaskaLes, October 10, 2016, 02:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlaskaLes

I've been wanting to add a large saw to our tool shed for a while now.
Just picked up a 1993 Husky 394XP in very good condition.
Previous owner said it had been purged and stored for a few years since he'd moved up from Washington.
It's wearing a near new 28" Husky bar and full skip chain and came with a barely used 28" Oregon Power Match bar and 6 new full skip chains.
This thing runs like a Stabbed Rat!!
$500.00 cash and I'm thinking I did real good on this.
Can't wait till the sun comes up, so I can bury it in some big Birch and see how it really works.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

sawguy21

Sounds like you did alright.  8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gearbox

Alaskales where are you going to find 28 inch birch ? When I was up there I didn't see any over about 9 or 10 inches .

A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

AlaskaLes

Gearbox,  You are partially right...there is a lot of younger Birch forest up here and you will see Many stands that don't have a tree over 12".

Ours is a large, mature old growth White Birch forest with our average running 10-20" DBH and the occasional 22-24"; about 20% White Spruce averages at 10-18"DBH with some fat ones at 20-24" DBH.   
The new Husky will be used to buck up the bigger logs that aren't good enough for the mill and working the occasional Cottonwood.  They go from 22-42+ DBH.   
We also get some serious burls that run from 2'-5' across.

Lastly, I plan to pick up a used CSM and a 60"-72" bar to slab some of the larger stuff that my 28" mill width won't digest.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Thank You Sponsors!