iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1 proud daddy

Started by plowboyswr, October 08, 2016, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plowboyswr

https://youtu.be/QgC8MQPfhXI
Well let's see if this works. 8)
Now for the back story. Every year the parks and recreation department  of Pittsburgh KS puts on a singing competition for the kids sponsored by the local bank providing the prizes. The kids had to audition to get into the finals in front of everyone at the town festival. 50 kids auditioned  18 got in the finals. And let me tell ya the competition was stiff. My oldest got in the finals and low and behold she got 1st in her age group! She did something  that this Dad would never be able to do... get up in front of people.  :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

She was amazing, and I really like that song.  I was also getting choked up listening to your wife holding back tears at the end. 

Thank you so much for sharing that moment!  Cowboy Bob and I loved it!   8)
Say when

Magicman

Well DanG, for some reason, I can't hear it.   :-\

Edit:  I used the other laptop and Pat and I enjoyed the performance.  Congratulations!!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

She did great!  Love the 'tude'!   Congrats!

gspren

Outstanding! This is one of the posts I showed my wife, we both like it. Also good to get over talking or performing in front of strangers, the older you get the harder it is.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Carson-saws

Outstanding indeed!...Bet that tickled your heart.   It is Parents like yourself that encourage and support children that helps to lead them on the right path...VERY happy for your Family Sir.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sandhills

Great job!  8)  She can officially do 2 things I can't, get up in front of a crowd, and sing!

plowboyswr

Quote from: Carson-saws on October 08, 2016, 01:22:53 PM
Bet that tickled your heart.

What really made the Ole heart soar is the graciousness that she showed at the award ceremony. It didn't matter to her if she won or not she was just happy to be there. Then when they called her name... oh just watch and cover your ears at the end Dad got a little excited smiley_speechless

https://youtu.be/EVYRGBLA92M

Steve

David Freed

She did a great job. Congratulations.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice and congrats....but you scared my goat with that country scream!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

plowboyswr

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 08, 2016, 09:09:07 PM
Very nice and congrats....but you scared my goat with that country scream!  :D

Hey, I gave a disclaimer before the video!  :D :D :D
Steve

Roxie

The awards video is wonderful!  She looked so surprised.   :)
Say when

Carson-saws

I could get up in front of a crowed and "sing"...BUT I'd have every dog in the area running to...or away from...the stage...
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

plowboyswr

I do believe that my wife is trying to  tell me something!  :D :D ;)
Steve

Roxie

Oh!  I love that!!   :D :D :D

Congratulations to you both!   8)
Say when

sandhills

Thanks for the smile this morning!  And congratulations  8)

plowboyswr

Well here's the first picture of the new addition.  ;D
Steve

Magicman

Wow, that is good family news!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

reedco

Beautiful; kids and grand kids are why we live!
Not many trees

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: plowboyswr on December 05, 2016, 01:06:36 AM

Well here's the first picture of the new addition.  ;D

Our daughter gave her mom a picture like that on Mother's Day to break the news to us. Everything has gone good so far, the last report from her doctor is he is full term and can come any time. We are sitting on pins and needles. Our son has 3 daughters we love dearly but this is our daughter's first and likely only child and our only grandson. One thing we know abut him so far is he complains vigorously when Sharon eats raw onion in a salad or sandwich. They haven't finalized a name yet and say they need to see him in person to help decide. Sharon says even if deer season is not over that I can't take him hunting with me this year even though I told her I'd use a bow so as not to wake him up. Oh well, there is always next year.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

plowboyswr

Well the Ole heart is swelled up again my oldest auditioned for her school talent and got in then got 1st place in the singing category. Here's her performance. ;D
https://youtu.be/F7AYj5DiHXo
Steve

WDH

Roxie

Love that song, and she NAILED it!   8)
Say when

Magicman

Congratulations again. 

According to the RSVP, come to the Chilly Chili and you can meet Kandra in person.   :)

John S

2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

samandothers

Missed the news of 10/22 posting. WOW!  Great for you guys!   And congrats on having a singing start yet again!   

14 or 15 years apart!!! oh man   Good on you mine or 5 years apart, can't imagine 14 years.  My parents were 39 when I was born so you are right on course to have a great Child there!!   ;D

samandothers

Shared this news with the wife.  She said go ahead and have another to keep this next one company!

plowboyswr

Quote from: samandothers on January 21, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
Missed the news of 10/22 posting. WOW!  Great for you guys!   And congrats on having a singing start yet again!   

14 or 15 years apart!!! oh man   Good on you mine or 5 years apart, can't imagine 14 years.  My parents were 39 when I was born so you are right on course to have a great Child there!!   ;D

Maybe I should have stated that my oldest is only 11! Then we have an 8 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. The younger 2 can sing but they won't get up in front of people. Too shy like Dad.  :D :D   
Steve

Ron Scott

~Ron

plowboyswr

Well looks like we are still on track for a 6/24/17 due date. For a miss Eleanor Dawn Reynolds.  :)
Steve

Roxie

Say when

samandothers

Ultrasound these days is amazing! 

plowboyswr

Well looks like we aren't going to to make the 6-24 date. The Dr has decided today is the day we head into the hospital at 6pm for miss Angela to get induced. Please keep us all in your prayers. I will be posting pictures later. ;D oh I almost forgot  here's one done this week.

Steve

plowboyswr

We took some pictures 2 weeks ago pregnancy photos. Thought I'd share. 

While the photographer was busy with my wife I couldn't help clowning around a bit

Our son who wasn't present for the above pictures had left to go to the in-laws for that week as I was dropping him off with pawpaw miss Angela realized she hadn't hugged or kissed him goodbye. So we had to improvise to get a very emotional pregnant momma her hug.

Steve

paul case

We sure hope and pray that all works out well.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

plowboyswr

Well miss Ellanor Dawn made her appearance at 3:00 am  7lbs 9oz 19.5in long.

It's been a long night but what a Father's day gift. ;D
Steve

thecfarm

Now that's a Father's day present!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congratulations to the Happy Family! 

paul case

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

plowboyswr

Steve

Ron Scott

Great Father's Day gift. Congratulations!
~Ron

chet

That last pic says it all.    :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WDH

Beautiful little girl. 

plowboyswr

Quote from: Chet on June 18, 2017, 10:11:01 PM
That last pic says it all.    :)
Not too often does anyone get a picture of me but when ya got a girl that purdy on your arm who's going to be looking at me! Lol  :D

Steve

plowboyswr

Can't help myself  :D

Steve

Magicman

Now that is sweet.  The perfect Bunny, and then the perfect Touchdown!!   :)

gww

This thread deserves a bump just cause I missed it somehow.  I gotta learn to pay more attention.
Cheers
gww

plowboyswr

Wow, its been almost a year since I started this thread and we are getting ready for Kandra's guest star return to the Pittsburg Kansas Idol, which is to be held 9/30/17. And the newest addition turned 3 months old on the 18th of this month. She's already rolling over and trying to crawl. And I can't help but be the proud dad that I am so...

All 4 of my blessings  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Steve

gww

Plow.....
Your newest is ten days older then my newest grandchild.
With all that is going on, are you going to have the time to teach all these kids how to build things with wood? :)
Life is good my friend and you seem to be living it as such.
I hope you don't blow up like a balloon and explode from pride cause with all those blessings, it could be a distinct possibility.
Cheers
gww

plowboyswr

Well, I have some more news...

My oldest won the princess contest for our local fall parade. And my youngest...

Won the baby contest for her age group. This reaffirms my thoughts, the shotguns need a good cleaning!  ;D And I need to buy my own backhoe. :D
Steve

gww

I remember the first time I came home and their were boys in my house.  I embarrassed my girls.  I ask the boys if they wanted to see my guns.
I thought it was funnier then they did.
Cheers
gww

WDH

thecfarm

I would be proud too!!!!!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!