iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing white cedar, just a few.

Started by isawlogs, October 07, 2016, 10:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I should of had this done a few weeks ago but things got in the way. First both of us, the client and I, had to get the last of the haying done, that put away we had to put the sawing aside for we each had outstanding stuff to do but not on the same day.... Then to top it off the straps on my pick-up, holding my fuel tank broke and it hit pavement and plastic tanks do not do well while sliding on pavement, not well at all.... 140 liters later I put a ratchet strap around it and the frame to lift it up and wait for tow truck to arrive and haul my ass home. Finaly I just borrowed a friends truck to bring the mill to the site and start sawing....  :-\ 

Her are a few pics of the last haying and the cedar!!!

Getting loaded...

Last of the 2016 hay being brought to be tarped for the winter.

This is the cedar logs,

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

That's a dandy stack of cedar, 

Is the cedar going to a project?

best
D

isawlogs

It will be a cedar board fence at a dairy farm north of me. Looks like a big pile, but it is all eight foot logs. There is a hidden pile behind this one that is 12 footers, that will be sawed after this pile is gone. We are sawing 6x6 and 2x6 out of this.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Picky2016

Mmmmmm, I like cedar. Have a pile at the mill to get to for deck next year. Most aromatic stuff we have north of border.

GDinMaine

Nice pile of cedar you got there. I would be very curious to see a video of your technique of sawing two logs at once. I see that's what you were getting ready to do in that picture.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

isawlogs

If I can remember  ::), I will take pics tomorow of the sawing of two logs. I have no clue in taking vidéos, let alone how to put them up.. We're safe with pics.  :D ;D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!