iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Muzzel Loader season starting soon.

Started by gspren, October 04, 2016, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Muzzle loader deer season starts this Friday in DE so today I did some shooting to refresh my brain and verify it was still shooting where it should. Even using White Hot pellets which are supposed to be "clean burning" it's amazing how dirty the bore gets. I guess I'm ready if Mathew doesn't make the weather too bad next week.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WV Sawmiller

My son replaced the nipple on mine so instead of shooting percussion caps I now can use musket caps which are a lot hotter and more reliable. I need to get it out and sight it in. I hate cleaning it thought. They are messy.

WV seems in reverse with their muzzle loader season Most states make it progressively harder on the game starting with bow then primitive weapons (including muzzleloaders) then rifle season. We have bow/crossbow, rifle then muzzle loader season. ML season is mid to late December and some bucks are even starting to lose their horns by then. I shot a spooky doe (I thought) several years ago in our late antlerless season and turned out was a young buck who had already dropped his horns. (I always try to kill the spookiest deer in a herd to leave the dumb ones to breed to make it easier in the future.)

Good luck and be careful out there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!