iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out of the ashes a new machine

Started by CTL logger, October 03, 2016, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

Out of the ashes and back harvesting wood. Took 2 days to switch the head over, it's been running a month now.

lopet

8)  Good for you.
How are you gonna get the carcass on a lowboy ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

coxy

leave it there and take parts as you need them  :) :)

BargeMonkey

You like that Timberpro over the Valmet ? Good to see your back working.

Ken

Nice looking office.  Hope your insurance claim was relatively seamless. Hope I never have to find out how good my insurance is. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

AlexHart

Yeah I won't say the company but a friend of mine had a vandalism claim and the insurance basically refused to pay.    They resisted, stonewalled, wouldn't return calls, the agent handling the claim suddenly wasn't working there anymore and the process all had to go back to the beginning (yeah... right) then they came out and questioned the mechanic repairing it,  fought and argued with the mechanic part by part,  only credited half for some parts... it was just awful.     And they dragged it out so long my friend actually had to buy another skidder just to keep going after several weeks went by.   They finally paid about half of it but it was just a terrible struggle.   

Was wondering if that's common.   Its the only claim I've ever been somewhat involved with.    And fate willing the last.     

As for you CTL Logger I'm glad to see your back in action and hope its the last fire you ever have to contend with.   Good luck.   

timberlinetree

Glad your up and running! I knew of someone who couldn't sell his IH skidder. It went up in flames. He said it got to hot because he was in deep mud. :-\ I thought mud is good for putting out fire( worked on my break fire I had). Who nose,but he made out well with that from what I heard.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Peter Drouin

Stay away from the good hands people.  :-X
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

we bought a burnt( not bad we thought) dozer one time for parts what a mistake everything had hair line spider web heat cracks in them the final drive we used never made it on the trailer and it snapped off when we turned sideways

CTL logger

Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 03, 2016, 08:40:04 PM
You like that Timberpro over the Valmet ? Good to see your back working.

The Timberpro is way more powerful than the Valmet. It's all around faster I looked a new Komatsu machines they haven't made them any better why buy a new version of a old timbco. The Crawford's built a heck of a machine.

CTL logger

This was after it was on the lowboy headed to the salvage yard. I pulled it with my forwarder and a dozer pushed it up on the trailer.

CTL logger

https://youtu.be/D0jS4LXyvl8

Here a video dragging it down the road we pulled it up to road with Timberpro 735 and 830

newoodguy78

Glad to see you're back at it. Nice looking machine you have there now. Just curious did you have to pull the final drives apart to tow it?

Thank You Sponsors!