iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My weight loss journey

Started by Okrafarmer, September 02, 2016, 09:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Yeah, that's just my understanding-- please know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, in fact actual doctors and nutritionists disagree on many of these things, and what do I know, I only have an associate's degree in farm management, but I did take animal nutrition.  :laugh:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 22, 2016, 09:59:32 PM
Yeah, that's just my understanding-- please know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, in fact actual doctors and nutritionists disagree on many of these things, and what do I know, I only have an associate's degree in farm management, but I did take animal nutrition.  :laugh:

:D :D :D  sounds qualified to me  :) but i took tetracycline tablets  :o the kind you give your pets :o every time i got a bad cold or the flu for years then it got where i couldnt get them  :(  may be why i have been chasing my tail and getting nowhere for the last 20 yrs :D :D :D ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Okrafarmer

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on September 22, 2016, 10:47:05 PM
:D :D :D  sounds qualified to me  :) but i took tetracycline tablets  :o the kind you give your pets :o every time i got a bad cold or the flu for years then it got where i couldnt get them  :(  may be why i have been chasing my tail and getting nowhere for the last 20 yrs :D :D :D ::)

Ha that's funny, and whether you're pulling our leg or not, it's closer to the truth for some people than a lot of others realize!

;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

LeeB

I've beendoing a HFLC diet for a year come Sept 29 and have lost right at 120 lbs. It works.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: LeeB on September 25, 2016, 05:56:31 PM
I've beendoing a HFLC diet for a year come Sept 29 and have lost right at 120 lbs. It works.

Good for you, Lee! I hope next September I will have lost at least 80.

Peter Drouin

Bibbyman, I see a lot of people eat right, but, don't get the exercise they need to get the fat off.
Sometimes you have to push yourself. I see some guys have a pain somewhere and stop doing things. Ever year does less and less and put weight on.

Had a Doc tell me the biggest thing [ The less you do, the less you can do.
After a while you can't do a thing.

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 21, 2016, 05:51:54 AM

For some reason,  your diet plan sounds strangely familiar.  :)

Yeah, work more than eat.  :D :D :D

Best of luck to all trying to lose lb.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 24, 2016, 10:51:04 PM
Quote from: sandsawmill14 on September 22, 2016, 10:47:05 PM

Ha that's funny, and whether you're pulling our leg or not, it's closer to the truth for some people than a lot of others realize!

;D
nope thats the honest truth :o the only difference in most meds for animals and people is the dosage back several years ago the did a tv special ( i think it was 20/20 ) about the drug tramasol for animals it was a $1 pill  and the same drug was used as a heart med for people in a much lower dose  and cost alot more for a much smaller dose i cant remember the exact #s but it was like 50 times the price or something :o
but we had a barn of top hogs get sick one time and i had to give 600 hogs a shot for 3 days straight and accidently gave myself about 3 cc  :o :-[  i called my vet ( he was the one i got med from) and told him what happened and he said not to worry about the med but to watch for infection so it didnt kill me so that was my new cold med for years  ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

kensfarm

My friend at work.. once the doc gotta hold on him.. he had to stop smoking and all he could eat was cardboard.  He said he felt better when he was sicker.   ;D

sawguy21

You are doing well, good on ya. It is not an easy journey. While single I had been living on burgers and beer (too lazy to make proper meals) then got married to a DanG good cook. I am 6 feet tall with a medium build but hit 280lb. Doc told me to get the spare off and the cholesterol down before I had a stroke.
I took his advice to heart and pushed myself to walk a mile and a half a day on my lunch hour. I am now doing 2 1/2 miles a day, eat little junk food and keep the beer to one or two pints a week. I also push away from the table after one serving. I was never one for sweets but can't leave fresh fruit and ice cream alone. ;D
I have dropped 40 lb and two waist sizes but seem to have plateaued. It happened before so I just have to be patient and keep sight of my goal, I hope to be down another 10 by Christmas. It has not been easy but I am feeling a lot better with more energy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

redbeard

Been following your progress Okrafarmer,
I too Iam trying too lose weight and have found great success changing my eating habits and doing alot of research on minerals.  I've lost 40 lbs. Since 1st of June. Plan on losing 75 total.
Surgar cravings are gone. And energy is back to normal. Back pain is gone. My eye sight has improved I have too take my prescription glasses off too drive now. My goal is too not have too take blood pressure pills when I retire in 4 years.
Wish you the best stay the course.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Okrafarmer

Good to hear from everybody. I need to get a new bathroom scale at some point, and it hasn't been in the budget, though I hope to do that before too long. I was weighing myself at work, but now that I have changed jobs, I don't have that available to me. On my last day of work, I was down 20 lbs. from when I started weighing myself two months previously.

My new job involves some vigorous work at times, so I hope I will shortly be able to trace my weight down down down before long.

Diet is going well. I like drinking kifir, I've found.

thecfarm

New job?? On the other thread it was still a question on if you got it or not.
Good job on the weight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on September 29, 2016, 11:09:30 AM
New job?? On the other thread it was still a question on if you got it or not.
Good job on the weight.

Um oops maybe I need to go back and update. Yes, I have a new job.  ;D

Ox

Congratulations on your new path in life!
Where do you find kefir?
What is your new job?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Ox on September 30, 2016, 10:49:32 AM
Congratulations on your new path in life!
Where do you find kefir?
What is your new job?
Thanks!
Walmart, in the dairy section
I work for a local tree service now, one that I used to work for a few years ago.

;D

Thank You Sponsors!