iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chokers

Started by mike devlin, October 02, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike devlin

I bought and use a norse winch on a 27 horse john deere. Labonville included (4) 5/16" chokers w/ it. I've lost them all. I see new chokers advertized which look so much lighter because the material is braided wire. . My problem is how would I attach one to the sliders on my winch line? I'm 74 and lack upper body strength. THANKS!

thecfarm

I would think they should have a slide to go on to your cable.
I have a Norse on my tractor too,model 450. The butt plate tips up.I made up some 4 foot chains. I use them more than the 8 footers. I run 6 slides on mine. Somtimes all 6 are full and sometimes only one. I double up alot with the 8 foot chains. Have quite a mess to unhook at times.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

They are called cable chokers. I've seen some that have a few chain links on the end, for hooking in to the sliders made for chain chokers. Most of the cable chokers I've seen are 1/2" or 9/16", which are probably overkill if you are using 5/16" chains now.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!