iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cedar shingle sawmill blade

Started by marcoconut, September 30, 2016, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcoconut

Hello,

I'm looking for a circular saw blade manufacturer in Canada for a 38 inches circular saw blade for cedar shingle saw mill. I have a desjardin saw mill, but I can't find a manufacturer for the blade.

Thank you

Marco

bandmiller2

Marco, is Desjarden still in business they would be the first to ask. Most of our cedar shingles come from Quebec there has to be someone supplying them . The old fella I bought my Chase shingle mill from sent a solid tooth headsaw down south to be Blanchard ground and new teeth cut. Sorry I'am not of more help. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bradm

Where in Canada are you and what style of blade (steel tooth, solid carbide tooth, insert tooth) are you needing?

marcoconut

I'm in Québec.

The blade have  steel tooth and a I weld a stellite tip on the tooth.

Bradm

If you can't find one from a sponsor, I would recommend looking for a Simonds distributor.

Old Iron nut

Marco, you might try Simond's Saw in Granby , PQ. If they can help you, you will need to send the large cast metal collar to them to fasten it on to the new blade. I was told this by a former Simonds rep here in Ontario. Poor chap is long deceased now. That man was a wealth of info on sawmills. The shingle blades are quite thin, that is why the large collar is fastened to the blade by countersunk screws. It serves to stiffen the blade. Cheers, Old Iron nut.

marcoconut

Hello,

I called Simond in Granby Friday and they referred me to Les scies Mercier. They have exactly what I need.

Thank you

tnaz

marcoconut, welcome to the Forestry Forum and glad you have it worked out.

Terry

Thank You Sponsors!