iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the planer running.

Started by customsawyer, September 30, 2016, 04:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Well as some of you know I purchased M800 Pinherio planer several months back and got it all installed. Well since I didn't have a clue what I was doing I figured I would buy a friend a plane ticket and bring him down to teach me. The friend is Steve AKA Red oaks lumber. I know he isn't on here anymore but he sure was a good friend to take time out of his life to come give me a hand. Here is some pictures for you guys.

This is my top head knife that I got for doing false log siding out of full size 2X6 which will leave me a 1¾ depth on the board. Needless to say this thing takes some meat off of the board. The knife is so big that I have to take the chip breakers out of the planer. I made a homemade one out of plywood but it didn't last 1500'.

Here is some of the lumber.

I still have a lot to learn but each day is progress.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sandsawmill14

looks like a good machine  smiley_thumbsup i like the maple in that pic :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

Good to see it running.  From the looks of the size of that knife, you could just slide a log into the planer and have it come out a crosstie. 8)
Nice machine, I'm jealous...

Judging from that great big stack of pallets in the background, you are about to get some serious work done.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

That is a brute for sure.  If it was alive, it would be wearing a 10 gallon hat. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

5quarter

Really nice setup. nice company too... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!