iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Took a Tumble

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2016, 10:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

No blood and nothing broke, but hurts....yeah.  I was chainsawing a dead/dying yard tree for my BIL this morning.  The tree was jam-up against a wood fence so I was trying to prevent any damage.  I made a cut on the backside and left a good hinge on the front.  I laid the non-running Stihl 170 on the ground behind me and reached up with the Hookaroon to pull the tree away from the fence and into the yard.  Yup, I was pulling hard when the Hookaroon lost it's grip and down I went on top of the chainsaw.  Might as well been a pile of bricks!   :o  Anyway, I have a sore back and a fairly good/bad size knot.  Thankfully it is below the ribs or I would be really hurting. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

hate to hear that you fell :( but glad you arent hurt any worse :) hope you are better soon :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

doctorb

I thought we were 'bout due for another mishap with MM!  Glad you're OK.  I'm a little worried about the saw, however. ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

square1

You were out doing something smiley_clapping and stuff happened, had you fallen off the couch reaching for the TV remote, well...

Ianab

Hope you didn't break the saw?  :D

I ended up flat on my back last week hauling down a small tree in a similar situation. Leaning over the fence etc. But I'd set a rope good and high and was hauling on it from way back across the lawn. It finally came over and I couldn't get my balance back quick enough.   

But the only thing hurt was my dignity.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Peter Drouin

Looks like you will be ok. Was the hookaroon a logrite?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Czech_Made

Ed_K

I know your not totally alright at our age everything hurts  :(. Last time I landed on my 562 I broke the top handle and broke the most important part, The switch for the heated handle  ;D. Please be careful but don't stop going.
Ed K

Magicman

Yes it is Peter and it is OK too.   Thanks all for the well wishes.   ;)

The knot went down last night, but I am plenty sore this morning.  Since I won't be working today, it's a good day to take PatD on a "date".  I'll bet we can/will find some fried Catfish.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red

I like how you said you took a Tumble .  Those few seconds when you are on your way down , some how if you can Roll instead of hitting Hard , my prevent serious injury. Plus you have those Ugly Toes . . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Look on the bright side.  At least the tree did not tumble on you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Sorry to hear you took a spill and hope you get over the aches and bruises soon.

Might be a bit of a drive but I know where you can get that good catfish dinner tonight. Come on over to Lick Creek Baptist Church in Green Sulfur Springs WV about 6:00 pm and join us there for their annual fish fry. My son's family go there and I provide the fish and they throw in more and better fixings than any I ever saw.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

QuoteCome on over to Lick Creek Baptist Church
That name has to have an interesting origin.  I grew up in the "Red Lick" community, which was named for a natural salt lick that attracted animals.

We will eat at our favorite place:  Cock of the Walk

Gearbox

When we are active I say we bounce but sometimes it still hurts . Heal fast .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ljohnsaw

MM,
Glad to hear the knot went down overnight and you are just a little sore today - heal up quick.  My ribs still hurt from a couple weeks back.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

pineywoods

DanG magic, you starting to sound like my spouse. She has take two in the last month. Knot on the noggin, nasty cut on one elbow, and black and blue just about all over. I getting to be an expert on dealing with falls...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sawguy21

Yeah, we ain't so young and bulletproof anymore. :( As my buddy said we just don't bounce like we used to.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

I will fry catfish and hushpuppies tonight for my daughter, Son-in-Law and my granddaughter.  My granddaughter loves catfish.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Fried Catfish, fries, mustard greens, cornbread, cole slaw, & hush puppies.  The fried onion rings & fried dill pickles appetizer was gone.   food6

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on September 30, 2016, 08:46:41 AM
QuoteCome on over to Lick Creek Baptist Church
That name has to have an interesting origin.  I grew up in the "Red Lick" community, which was named for a natural salt lick that attracted animals.

We will eat at our favorite place:  Cock of the Walk

Lynn,

I don't know where the salt/mineral lick is located but I am sure you are right. They sure put on a feed though with catfish, boiled shrimp, fried oysters, snow crabs, salmon patties, chicken for the non-fish eaters, all the fixings (except grits) and desserts.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

Glad it was no worse! I always hate it when the only thing holding gives way, and its so true, we just dont bounce as good as we once did.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Savannahdan

Hope all is well, MM.  One time I took one of those but landed on the top of the turtle sand box.  It had already been pushed in several times by the grandkids.  That helped provide a cushioned landing and I laughed at how funny I must have looked to the neighbors. The catfish looks real good.   I use to go to Sue and Charlies at Jonathan Creek area of Kentucky Lake when I was young.  Excellent catfish, hush puppies and a large onion.  Yum!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

The knot has mostly gone down but the ole back is still mighty sore.  No leaning back in a chair or truck seat.  :-\

Corley5

Glad you're on the mend.  Whenever I take a tumble the first thing I do after getting up is look around to see if there are any witnesses  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Carson-saws

Magicman.......OUCH!....but with a meal like THAT one....who wouldn't feel better?  WOW that looks deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelishious....glad you're good to go Sir....now all ya have to worry about is gettin up from the table after that feast...
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!