iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Consumer Reports

Started by Roxie, September 28, 2016, 04:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

What in the world is going on at Samsung?  First the Galaxy phone that bursts into flames, and now an exploding washing machine. 

If you'd like to read the news article:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/cpsc-issues-warning-reports-samsung-washing-machines-exploded-115105523--abc-news-topstories.html

Perhaps the forum should add a disclaimer like we have for northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company. 

:D :D

Say when

Raider Bill

I'm upgrading from a galaxy S3 to a S5 next week. hope it doesn't explode in my pocket.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Den Socling

The news about the washing machine appears to be true but misleading. It seems some tubs have come loose during the spin cycle. No exploding batteries!

snowstorm

i have had a s5 for 18 months. no fire yet. it did get pretty warm after it updated itself and short battery life. i took it back and they a reset. that made it pretty good. everyone complained they couldnt hear me. i fixed that. the mic hole. a small pice of wire pushed in the hole took care of whatever was blocking it

Raider Bill

Quote from: Den Socling on September 28, 2016, 05:05:41 PM
The news about the washing machine appears to be true but misleading. It seems some tubs have come loose during the spin cycle. No exploding batteries!

My LG "smart" washer has to be rinsed after each load because it doesn't pump out completely and will stink.
Idiot service company shows up, waves their smart phone around it, says sorry no codes and leave.

florida

Raider Bill

Down below the washer door is a smaller door that has a drain hose in it. It's a pain but you can drain the left over water through this little hose faster than rinsing the tub. All front loaders leave water in the tub. Leaving the door open will keep it from stinking.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Raider Bill

Even then we run it empty with a bit of bleach. I had a whirlpool front loader before this and never had to drain/flush.
You can actuary see the water on the bottom of the spinner if we don't drain it. With only 2 people washer sits a couple days before loads.
What a pain.
Never again will I own a front loader.

Den Socling

Roxie

Those dollar amounts are in no way a satisfactory recompense for the hassle of consumers that must leave the doors open, or use bleach, or physically drain the unit. 
Say when

Raider Bill

The Lawyers made millions. We got screwed, again.

WDH

I am on my 19th day with a broke LG refrigerator under warranty.  Never seen such poor customer service.  Never again.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: WDH on September 30, 2016, 07:49:20 AM
I am on my 19th day with a broke LG refrigerator under warranty.  Never seen such poor customer service.  Never again.

I'm the same way, never again will I buy a LG product.

sawguy21

I had to replace the door switch in our dish washer, what a flimsy piece of equipment. When I started to remove screws the DanG door fell apart.  ::) The shoddy construction and cheap materials just made it harder to work on. We had two LG flat screen tv's fail in 6 weeks, I couldn't stand the complaining so upgraded to a Samsung which has been flawless. I guess it is our own fault as consumers, we can't get quality products because we won't pay the price.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Den Socling

Yes, everybody wants "cheap". I've said this before. We usually buy appliances from small, local shops instead of the big box stores. If we have a problem, we promptly get a service man. Ask Lowes or Home Depot to send a serviceman and see what you get. 

Raider Bill

Quote from: Den Socling on September 30, 2016, 01:09:06 PM
Yes, everybody wants "cheap". I've said this before. We usually buy appliances from small, local shops instead of the big box stores. If we have a problem, we promptly get a service man. Ask Lowes or Home Depot to send a serviceman and see what you get.

I also try to buy from Mom and Pop as I did with this LG washer.
Sadly, the excuses they have offered such as I need to wash my cloths more often, use better soap, installed wrong [they installed it] quit complaining and get used to it cut this particular mom and pop store from my list after 30 years.

Den Socling

That is a real shame. You would think that after 30 years, they would bend over backwards for you! Maybe the original mom & pop aren't involved anymore?

Roxie

Also, by the looks of Raider Bill's washer, that puppy was anything but cheap.   ::)
Say when

Raider Bill

Same owners the whole time. One Brother is the salesman, one the service dept manager and one, well I'm not sure what he does.
Roxie, $1000. What was I thinking...

Gary_C

Samsung is in big trouble now and it doesn't surprise me. Some years ago I bought a Samsung over the counter microwave. Shortly after I installed it, it quit. So I called customer service and Samsung sent a local independent serviceman out for a repair. He was able to get it working but warned me the unit had been discontinued because the main circuit board was not properly grounded and that is a dangerous situation. He did install a separate chassis ground to prevent electrocution but the repair only lasted a few days and then the unit quit altogether. When I contacted customer service at Samsung they flatly refused to do any more to fix the unit and refused to send out a replacement because they did not have any more of that model. They completely blew me off.

So I filed a complaint with the MN Attorney General and they sent Samsung a letter demanding an explanation as to why they would not honor their warranty. Samsung completely ignored the AG. Sometime later the AG sent another letter of demand and that too was completely ignored. So the AG finally sent me a letter saying they were sorry but there was little they could do to out of state and overseas based manufacturer. So I swore off any Samsung product after that experience.

However I finally relented and last Christmas I bought a Samsung TV thru Dell and got a free extended warranty from Dell. Hope that turns out better.  ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ox

The lack of accountability in today's day and age is distressing.  It also seems to be gaining momentum. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

square1

Back in the 80s I wouldn't even consider Samsung electronic components due to their perceived cheapness. That hasn't changed for them, or me.

WDH

Quote from: WDH on September 30, 2016, 07:49:20 AM

Well, I am now on my 33rd day with a broke LG refrigerator under warranty.  Never seen such poor customer service.  Never again. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ox

What the.....?  Are they just ignoring you or have they promised a repair, or what?  I'd be hounding them incessantly.  Maybe it would be a waste of my time but I'd be a little thorn in their side for whatever it's worth.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

WDH

I have been pounding them incessantly.  That is what makes this so bad.  They told me yesterday that Lowes, where I bought the refrigerator would be contacting me.  That was 24 hours ago. 

capt dick

The Meek don't win. Its been long enough. Get in your car and go see the Manager at Lowes. If that dose not work Call Lowes Home Office.
Become a big pain in the a-- and they will do something just to get you off there back. See if local TV station has a consumer help service.

WDH

Dealing with Lowes today was Light Years better than with LG.  They are going to come get the LG refrigerator and deliver me another refrigerator of my choice in the same price range, any brand I choose from the store.  I can live with this.   

Ox

*breathing sigh of relief*  There.  THAT sounds reasonable.  I hope you can learn to live with the memory of many days without a fridge.  I'll bet you won't learn to live down LG though.

Roxie

Out of curiosity WDH, which brand will you choose? 

Say when

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Roxie on October 12, 2016, 06:39:08 PM
Out of curiosity WDH, which brand will you choose?

x2 i am fixing to buy 1 in the next week or 2  :) ours is white and everything else is ss so someone thinks its all gotta match ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WDH

Roxie,

The lady of the house will make that choice.  A man has to show deference about certain things  :)

Thank You Sponsors!