iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peru Lumber Yard - Pictures

Started by Mark M, November 16, 2004, 08:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

This past August I spent some more time working in Peru. Here are a few pictures I took of what I'm calling a "lumber yard". Not many boards but lots of poles and firewood. In Lima there were a number of shops selling boards and flooring. Their products were displayed out front leaning up against the stores. Next time I got there I'll try to get some pictures. They had some woods that don't grow around here.

For more and bigger pictures click --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/album/218075652mfBaue]Here[/url]

Pete J

Wow, I started poking around your other photos from your link. The Munich, Salzburg links caught my attention. The wife and I took a few backpacks and lived on the trains over there for our honeymoon. The castle photo you took is great. I still remember the hike up to it. This is the one I'm refering to.

Neuschwanstien 6BAC0595

Mark M

Thanks, I really like it over there and can't wait to go back.

sawwood

Mark was looking at you photo album and came to the
 Reine/ Rudeshime pictures, That Castle up on the hill.
 When i was in the Army in 65 i when on a bus trip there.
 Sure would like to go back and see it again. Great photos
 Mark.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Mark M

Hi Sawwood

Yep that's a pretty neat place, lots of castles along the Reine. You know you can usually get a round trip ticket to Frankfurt about this time of the year for around $350. Most I ever had to spend was $500 and that was in the spring. The small hotels run around $50 and include a good breakfast, bed and breakfast is about $20 per person. The Post Hotel in Rudesheim is very good. Early December is a great time to go because of the Christmas markets.

Here is a good link: Ruedesheim

Hope you can make the trip.

Mark

pasbuild

Mark waz up with the lumber yard all they seem to have are round poles nobody gots a sawmill ober dair???
The fire wood pile indicates that there are trees large enough to through on a mill ???
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

SwampDonkey

That yard reminds me of Mr Watson's. He's nearly 80 and goes to the woodlot every day picking up wood with his pickup and block and tackle. His yard has poles, 4-foot pulp, stovewood and lumber. Your choice. Just bring a full wallet. ;D

Oops , now where talking castles.

There is a castle near here, the Lewis family owned. They've all passed on now including their son. It was mainly a 'citade' (well not a strong hold)l on the side of a big house. Has a spiral staircase and chandelere from the ceiling, sits on a hillside. Takes two furnaces running full time to heat the monstrosity.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Mark, unless I missed it someplace, no one asked ya what ya worked at in Peru. Have ya been back to Peru since August?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don_Papenburg

I thought that you had pictures Of  Maze Lumber in Peru , Illinois. Been in bizness since 1848  . They make the double dipped stormgaurd nails .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

maple flats

what do they use all them poles fer?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Russ

Interesting post as my wife is from Lima. They just featured Peru on the TV in the amazing race. Think I could make some money there with my sawmill ?

Mark M

I'm not sure what they use them for, I've seen some small buildings built with poles but they were bigger.

Russ does your wife go back to Peru? I really like the food down there and am hoping to make another trip soon. I got word from my friend today that one of the mining companies is evaluating a proposal for a custom database I make and it it get approved I'll be heading south again.

SwampDonkey

Ah, database design, that's what you do down there. Need a hand?  ;)

Mark M

Hi Donk

Yep, I could use some help eating Lomo Saltado, can't seen to get enough by myself :D

SwampDonkey

I looked it up and it looks dang good to me. Kind of a beef and tater dinner. :D

Russ

No it she doesn't like leaving us behind. Some day when I can get a ticket for 4 I'll take her down. We have a few pets to farm out , She's got a african grey  thats like a baby to her. When  her brother goes down there he likes to act like a rich american,  The folks might expect us to have $100 bills falling out of our pockets, can't play that part. If you  visit Lima I'll ship you some maple Syrup to give to her mom, they love it. Just one warning she doesn't speak english.

Thank You Sponsors!