iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FFA forestry practice

Started by caveman, September 24, 2016, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

Our FFA chapter ended up in 2nd place today too.  Fort White FFA won and will represent Florida next year at the national contest.  Our students worked hard, learned a lot and hopefully will continue to learn about forestry.

Caveman

WDH

I know that you are proud of them. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Savannahdan

Outstanding.  It appears they enjoyed it.  Those memories will last a long time. I'm glad they're working to strengthen the FFA program in the Savannah area.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

caveman

Thanks fellows.  They came up a little short this time but the same dog's _____ aint in the sunshine everyday (old saying).  All of them but one will have another shot next year as only one of them is a senior.  I messed them up a little on timber estimation.  The foresters who measured volume cut the trees off a little higher up the stem than what I taught them to.  It takes a pretty good pine tree to measure to an 8" top.  About half of the trees they were tested on were counted as four 16' logs (longleaf pine).  I was teaching them to cut at significant branches or whorls of dead branches.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!