iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Heart to Continue , No Other Choice

Started by Andy White, September 20, 2016, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

I have not been on the forum lately, due to some life matters. I have had a lot of small issues with my health after the  fall I took from that ladder. Things have worked out with my medicare and I went to the family doctor for a wellness checkup. BP perfect, Lungs great shape, all is well except a small blip on the EKG. Sent to my cardio doctor for tests. Nuclear stress test abnormal, so another round of testing. Seem to have a lot of blockage in two areas. Sent to heart surgeon that worked on me before, and now will have more tests Friday, and then to hospital for the procedure that I know is coming. Says things have a good chance of working out. I don't know what that means, but I will try to do my part. Nancy says she won't let anything happen to me. I have sold my mill and kiln, and have someone looking at all my shop tools. Nancy is making me wait on that, because she says I will need them again soon. Sorry to ramble on so, but I am very uncomfortable with this whole situation. Please help me thru this next few days, so I will need your prayers. I or Nancy will keep everyone updated as things develop   Thanks to all my forum friends You all make me feel better already.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

I myself would not sell nothing. That would be like I am giving up.  >:(  Dig in them heels and look up and think about all of the projests you have to do. Man,I have enough to keep me going until about 120 years old.  ;D
Listen to Nancy!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thank You my friend for the update.  Pat and I have been so concerned about you and you have been much too quite.  We look forward to hearing a good report.  Listen to Nancy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Andy,

Hang in there buddy.  You will get through this. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Prayers and thoughts going out to you and the family, Andy!

Always think positive!!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

red

The Heart is an Amazing Muscle . But it sounds like your getting a Roto Rooter job . Stay strong.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

samandothers

Just don't do anything drastic during this time.   Listen to your bride and keep the tools.  Should you want or need to move them later it can be done.  Take care and y'all keep us posted.

Ianab

Here's hoping the Docs can panel-beat the ole ticker back into working order and get a few more decades out of it.  ;)

I certainly wouldn't be giving up and selling the tools right now. The mill etc maybe and call that retiring.

But imagine you wake up after the bypass op or whatever, and the Doc tells you it all went well and you are good for another 20 years. What the heck are you going to do? If all your tools are still in the shed, you can go and potter around to your hearts content and keep out of the wifes way.  ;) :D

The old guys you see still going strong in their 80s and 90s are the ones that are keeping busy, They don't have the time to lay down and die, they have some projects to finish first.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sandsawmill14

sorry to hear your having trouble  :( but hang in there  you get through it  :)  to use my docs words when they done my heart cath  "dont worry we done so many of these you can almost get them at the drive through" when my dad had his surgery there were 3 from our little town of 300 that had it done 1 on monday and 2 on tuesday and 2 went home on friday dad had to stay a few extra days but everything went fine for him to and that was almost 10 years ago so im sure they have newer technology that makes it better now :) dont worry just put your trust in God and let him take care of you :) i will keep you in my prayers and let us know how it goes :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Weekend_Sawyer

Hold Fast Andy, you got a lot more road in front of you!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Savannahdan

Prayers for you from the Savannahdan clan. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Ed_K

Ed K

Farmerjw

I went through a double bypass on my arm that didn't work then eventually got a new artery from wrist to elbow.  If things weren't going to work out and my body started shutting down I was going to die.  Otherwise I would either wake up with a new artery or no arm.  I wandered my farm, my woodshop, my barns, my teams of ponies and then made a list and gave instructions in the event I died.  I didn't obviously, been a long road but next year hope to have the strength and endurance to hook the teams and get back to farming with them.  Things might have to be on hold for a while, but in the end, don't plan on the end, plan on continuing and when the end happens, it will be someone else's worries.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

bedway

Andy,

Its whats in your mind that plays a large roll in your health, both physical and mental. Trust me ,I know. Back in 94 I had my first heart attack. Then another, and continuous issues including a defibulator implant, and currently congestive heart failure. My wife of 27 years decided she didn't want to be married to me anymore after my second heart attack walked out on me. Im not going to continue with the examples, I think you get the point. After being "in the dumps" thru all this my VA doctor started me on happy pills, "anti depressents". Whether its the "happy pills" or what, I get up every morning and thank God for getting me thru those years. Ive been married to my second wife now for 14 years and were happier then pigs in [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better]. My hearts still ticking and im still kicking. ;D

Andy White

Tested today. Shaved, prepped, put to sleep, and stuck with a biggun! After recovering, doctor called Nancy back to the room for the results. Two of the blockages had opened new passages, and bypassed themselves with a 100 % success . The third one has a 30% blockage, with ample flow at this time. So doctor said, No Need For Action At This Time!! Monitor BP, Colesterol, Blood sugar, no smoking, slow weight loss, and exercise should keep me off the table for a long time. Don't know what No Action means, but controlling all these things sounds like a lot of Action for me. I already have a head start on this. I quit smoking while we were sawing for Willie back last year. Nancy put us on a no carb diet six weeks ago, and I already lost 11 pounds. Will break out the new bicycles we bought when we moved up here at the lake. These hills will get me puffing quick!! Whatever it takes to stay off that table! Amazing how much better I feel already. A large weight has been lifted!    Thanks,     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

That sounds good. Mighty good!!!!  8)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Sounds Great . . Does this mean you want your tools back ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good to hear from you Andy. Praying for you and your family.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That is the news that Pat and I wanted to hear.  It sounds like in his own way, Willie contributed to adding years to your life.  I know that is the way he would have wanted it.  Life has it's own ways, some that we do not understand, but we can live with them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Andy if your Nancy is like my Nancy you BETTER do what she is telling you bought the tool's.

Keep the faith Andy
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

I am so relieved to hear this good news, Andy.  Stay the course.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Nice report, Andy!

Still thinking about those in need of prayer and encouragement!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!