iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tractor winch

Started by JBlain, September 18, 2016, 11:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlain

I finally got tired of chains and pushing my tractor through the brush and bought a Wallenstein FX85 tractor winch.  I also got a snatch block as well with it. I used it for the first time this weekend and was very impressed with the ease and power of the winch. I pulled out about a triaxle load with it attached to my ford 1920 4wd with an FEL.

So far I love it.

Josh

47sawdust

Great tractor,that series is really easy on/off.Winch fits nice and my saw scabbard looks just like yours.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

DDW_OR

yep a PTO winch is GREAT

i sure like my Farmi

"let the machines do the work"

John Mc

Looks great! Was the snatch block self-releasing? They certainly do come in handy.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

JBlain

It is a self releasing snatch block.  I only had to run my rpms at around 1500 to pull a decent amount of timber out of the woods.  I bought the tractor 10 years ago from the original owner.  It only had 700 hours and also came with the 10 ft heavy duty subframe backhoe.  To date the only repair other than maintenance was the foot throttle cable....  I love it when the owner had all the grease fittings numbered and meticulous notes on greasing and maintenance. 
Josh

kensfarm

Nice setup... do you plant the FEL when you drag... or is it needed?

JBlain

We have some ridges and slopes so I need it for front end weight. I put a log or 2 in the bucket for weight.  I also added potable antifreeze to weight the tires and flipped the back rims to widen the stance by about 16" and that helped a lot. 
Josh

Massey Man

Congrats on your new machine !
I have the smaller version FX65....they are impressive piece of equipment.

JBlain

Thanks.  Still really liking it.  I just pulled a 32 in dbh ash tree and 28in dbh walnut out of a hallow.  Had to be bucked up but it handled it fine.  Snatch block came in handy to for getting the right pull angle.  How long have you had yours.  So far I am impressed with the quality and power for the price of the fx85.
Josh

Massey Man

I bought mine 5 years ago.
Very good piece of equipment for anyone serious about cutting wood.
Skidding without having the whole log dragging on the ground is nice...keeps the chain sharper on the saw and trails in much better shape.
Much easier to drag the winch cable than multiple length of chains to the tree.

reprod

I'd like to see one of these work in person.  I've watched videos, they seem to pull pretty hard. 

Magicman

I recently got to use mine for the first time.  To say that I was impressed would be an understatement.  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!