iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Be Carefull

Started by MikeZ, September 16, 2016, 09:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeZ

How many times are you told this or tell yourself that? Well I quess I should have heard it one more time because Wed afternoon my thumb found the table saw blade while cutting up some odds and ends for stickers. Two and half hours in ER and 21 stitches later. Lost alot of meat, but its still there. Had a lumbar spine epidural inj tues morn and thought I was done with needles for a while :-\ Keep the safety thing foremost in your mind. Dr said probably take 6 months to get this healed up.  BE CAREFUL !
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Chuck White

Ouch !!!!!!!!!!

I have a small table saw, don't use it much, it always make me nervous!

Use a push-stick!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

That is why I purchased a Sawstop, the tablesaw with the flesh sensing technology.  I use the tablesaw a lot.  2 hours ripping boards on it in just the last few days.  With steady, repetitive use, it is easy to get complacent and distracted, so the safety system is a huge plus.  They are not cheap, but nothing worth having is. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ed_K

Ouch  :o, keep the neosporin on that cut, it will heal up quicker.
Ed K

samandothers

Sorry to hear of your accident.  Thanks for the reminder.  I try to respect the table saw and all equipment but one can not be too careful.

DDW_OR

Quote from: WDH on September 17, 2016, 07:32:07 AM
That is why I purchased a Sawstop, the tablesaw with the flesh sensing technology.  I use the tablesaw a lot.  2 hours ripping boards on it in just the last few days.  With steady, repetitive use, it is easy to get complacent and distracted, so the safety system is a huge plus.  They are not cheap, but nothing worth having is.

yep, that will be one of the things i will add to mine

here is what happens with a chainsaw, hand and fingers are now working as they did before.
thank God the saw had a chain brake.
was going to use my 30 inch that did not have a brake, it would not start.
then used my 24 inch that did have a brake, it started.
"God works in mysterious ways"

"let the machines do the work"

MikeZ

I had a push stick in right hand, but when I raised left arm to catch board off of back end I think my 'bad' left shoulder popped and my arm dropped. I have noticed this before but forgot about it. Now I have made special push stick for left hand with guard. May have to rethink my approach to grabbing behind blade.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

timberlinetree

Yikes! Hope you heal well. God does work in mysterious ways.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!