iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pneumonia

Started by Gary_C, September 13, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

I have a confession to make. Hillary and I have something in common. Yes, we both have pneumonia and I can tell you it's no fun. I found out my diagnosis a week ago last Sunday night in the local ER and apparently Hillary was informed by her doctor last Friday. We are both on antibiotics.

For me, it was two days of fever, a second trip to the ER on the following Saturday night with breathing problems and fluid buildup in my lungs, terribly upset stomach from the antibiotics along with the associated diarrhea. Today it was back to my doctor and a change in antibiotics for seven more days.

With all the publicity surrounding Hillary's problems, the local TV news did a story on pneumonia and reported that some 50,000 people die every year from the disease. I have no clue where mine came from but looking back, there have been faint symptoms going back months. I have a friend who is the same age as I that has had an on and off battle with pneumonia for some years. It's nothing to fool around with.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

red

Sometimes called walking pneumonia . Have to be very careful once past " middle " age .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ox

Look into taking a pro-biotic to put the bugs (flora) back into your gut that the antibiotic is killing.  It will help you feel and heal better.  Hope you get well soon.  I can't say the same about t'other one.  ;)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

OneWithWood

Sorry to hear that, Gary.  I had pneumonia some years back.  It laid me out for two full weeks and then I was a weak as a kitten for a few days after that.
Don't push it.  Just rest.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

submarinesailor

"walking pneumonia".  Been there, done that.  Took 6 weeks of 3 different types of antibiotics to get rid of it.  Not fun.

The real bad thing was that this treatment make me allergic to Zithromax.

Bruce

Corley5

I had pneumonia 10 or so years ago.  I was still in my thirties, in really good shape after running a chainsaw all winter and I got SICK.  I have no idea where it came from.  The middle of the week I noticed some congestion in the top of my chest and figured I was coming down with a cold  :-\  Then as it got worse I thought it was an odd time of year for respiratory flu.  This was Memorial Day Weekend.  We went down state Friday night to visit my wife's family and pick up my new to me hydraulic hose machine.  By Saturday morning I had a nasty cough and was getting light headed.  We cut our trip short and came home that evening because I was sick and getting worse.  I toughed it out that night with over the counter stuff but I could tell when they wore off and it was before the next dosage was due.  I was only getting worse.  Urgent Care was open Sunday and we went.  I had a fever of 102.7 when I got there.  The diagnosis came after a chest Xray.  The "clouds" in my lungs were obvious.  They put me on Zmax and a prescription expectorant and sent me home after telling me to be sure to eat and drink lots of water.  I had three more chest Xrays over the next couple weeks and had the cough and didn't feel up to par until the 4th of July that summer.  My son Zach also got it but not as bad.  He was around 4 at the time.  To date that's the sickest I've ever been.  The Dr. told me if I'd waited another 12 hours I'd have been hospitalized.  Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ed_K

I hope you get thru it quickly. Just to hear the name Pneumonia scares me.
Ed K

Dave Shepard

I hope you can get over this quickly. We lost a family friend this year. 69 years old, perfectly healthy, just let it go a little too long. I had double pneumonia when I was 28. Ended up in the hospital with a collapsed lung. (Empyema)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

It's been a battle but I think I am getting better. Unfortunately I also am temporarily on blood thinners and after about a week on the antibiotic there was some reaction between the rat poison and the antibiotic. After two sleepless nights I stopped the antibiotic but my doctor insisted I switch to a different antibiotic and the problems got worse. So I refused to take any more antibiotic and last night I finally got some sleep and feel 100 % better. So doctor agreed today I did not need anymore antibiotic. I feel much better today but just weak and tired.

I had pneumonia many years ago when I was just 4 years old. Spent two days in the hospital and got IV penicillin. Reason I know that is because when my parents had a garage sale some years ago, my mother found the hospital bill from that stay in a box of old papers. Hard to believe this was the total bill. The doctor was probably a separate bill.

Yes indeed, that was $18 total.  :o

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

coxy

and they made money          glad your felling better

Ed_K

It's good your feeling better  8) . You'll spend that 18 just going thru the e-room doors  :D .
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!