iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

max temperature heavy equipment

Started by parlee8920032001, September 15, 2016, 04:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parlee8920032001

I had my screen for my instruments in link let harvester blow and looking to upgrade my harvester next year so did not want to sink a ton of money into it .. I went to a parts store and got a 3 gauge manual so I can see oil pressure , water temp and charging system . Also I put a hyd Cooler on behind my boom and got a water temp Gaguge to tell me the temp of the hyd oil . Now my question is what should be a max hyd temp and water for a  4  cylinder Isuzu motor ? thanks

coxy

not shur about hydro oil but water should be 190 or less

Gearbox

Any thing over 150 will shorten oil life by half My firewood processer ran 170 for 2 days to finish a job . then took it home and changed oil and added a cooler now running 125 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Corley5

180F has always been a max temp for hydraulic oil according to what I've read.  Anything over that isn't good.  Running a system too cool isn't good either.  There has to be some heat to evaporate condensation moisture and keep the oil dry.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

The thermometer in the sight glass of my Block Buster's hydraulic tank melted years ago  ;) ;D 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

danbuendgen

Your water temperature will depend on what temperature of thermostat the machine currently has. Older engine designs run cooler then new EPA enforced engines. For most older engines it should be in the 160*F to 190*F area. If you need/want more or less temperature the thermostat can be changed out.

For the hydraulic oil, my mechanic told me to take the out door temp and add 100* for hot oil and keep it under that. For example if it's 80*F outside, keep your hydraulic oil under 180*.
Hope this helps.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

1270d

I can't speak to the Isuzu specifically, but all of our equipment runs at 180 engine temp give or take a couple degrees.   Deere, cummins and Mercedes engines.

I have always been told not to run a hydraulic system s over 175 or so.  The temp alarm sounds in my Ponsse at 170.

lumbertick

My new machines water temp runs at 178-180 and hydraulic temps runs at 120-125.. The newer machines have better cooling systems ten the older ones.. My 2004 1270Ds hydraulics were always over heating...

parlee8920032001

Thanks guys so much for the help now I have idea what I should be watching for . My water is at 180 and oil is between 160 and 170 . But notice if around 170 my keto harvester head seems to loose limbing power and the head slows down . Wondering if my hyd pump is getting weak . Going to get down specs and test the pumps .

Gearbox

If your running 160 to170 I would be changing oil at 500 hrs . also talk to an oil tech about the oil you are running . some multigrades can stand more heat . Get a oil book from a distributer it will tell all .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

I think my alarm goes off at 160 on the Ponsse, I can't remember for sure. I do know that when it starts running over 150 I stop and blow my radiator and hydraulic cooler out.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!