iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made it out! Surgery

Started by drobertson, September 14, 2016, 04:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Glad your healing. Be real careful of the pain meds.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

sandsawmill14

hate to hear your gonna have to quit  :(   maybe you can still do a little wood working or something :) far as the pain meds when i had my hand fixed the doc told me not to use them to prevent pain use them to stop the pain  so wait till your hurting before taking the next dose . he told me if you did it that way you would be surprised how soon you would be cutting back and no matter how strong of  pill they gave you it would cause no trouble if done that way where if you just took the max dose every 4 hrs you would think you needed it whether you did or not  :)  he also said dont sit there hurting because it slows the healing process good luck and hope you heal quickly :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

red

Your still in your first week . It's a long recovery so just concentrate on Walking . I mean walking around the house . Do you have any favorite Authors ?  Keep your mind busy . One day at a time .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Maybe you can explain exactly what was done during surgery. We know the first surgery /fusion had to be done again . This was major back surgery . You will not be moving around very much . Getting out of bed is a major chore.

bucknwfl

Glad to hear all is well. Keep up the hard work in rehab and recovering.  Me and Angie will be praying

Thanks

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Ed_K

sandsawmill14 is right on, when I had my back surgery it took me a long time to understand this. That was the reason for getting hooked on the pain meds. because as soon as I felt the pain coming on I'd go right to the max dose. I thought the pain was going to be the same as before the surgery. I have also found that prune juice works better than pills for #2 problems.
Ed K

Czech_Made

Quote from: drobertson on September 14, 2016, 04:11:16 AM
Saw the lights go out at 10:00 this morning, asked Christy when was I going in at 6:10 this evening! Wow! Walked at 10:30 this evening no walker but hands on the nurse's shoulders. Praise to the Lord! And many thanks to you all for the prayers, thoughts and encouraging comments!! Thanks!
David

Hope you feel better soon.

drobertson

Czech made, I am eating those words now, in the fith day out, the pain is worse, but thanks to a dose of olive oil/ splash of lemon juice, got engine no.2 back on the tracks☺ 
I think the worse part is the tension, all over, my glutes and ham strings followed by the incesion , you guys really are great, it seems that this forum has the perfect blend of folks that's been there in so many situations that there will always  be some form of constructive advice, to plain ole down to earth encouragement!  I still can smell the last saw job☺ its just beautiful here this morning! I hope you all have a great day and week ahead!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

catalina

Grizzly

Do they offer massage at the hospital? That was the one thing German hospitals offered that I wasn't acquainted with and it was a tremendous help with that tension pain (which they called distraction pain). Not a deep tissue massage but more of a brisk relaxing massage.

Be real careful not to overdo things but make sure you do a little everyday.

You probably don't need advice just sharing my experience if it's any help to you.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

drobertson

No, did not here or get a massage til I got home, it helps for sure, dang glutes and hams are really tight, and I have orders not to bend yet,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

Had the ten day follow up yesterday.  All on track, the spasms are the culprit now, but nothing unexpected they said. For now easy peasy and it stinks! Never realised it would be this hard to sell the mill.

Grizzly

Good! Remember to take muscle relaxants so that you can just kick back and veg out without that pain. Take care.

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

YellowHammer

Just keep to the plan, and it will work out.  We are pulling for you.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

red

Carson-saws

OUTSTANDING!!!...VERY happy for you
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sawwood

Good to hear you are doing better David. May be I will come down to see you later this year. I need to see my family
member in Cobol so you are not to far east from there. Stay strong and it will get better in time.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

red

Ok you survived a few weeks . How is it going ?

drobertson

Red its going good so far, as to the shooting,numb,to tingling leg issues, all gone,what's left is the area around the incesion, my loins are still a bit weak, and iam completely off meds, no need for them currently, biggest pain sorta is this bone growth stimulator I'm wearing 4hours a day all said doing good. Thanks folks  sure miss sawing,,,

thechknhwk

Glad to hear you are doing well.  Will you have permanent weight restrictions when fully healed?

21incher

Glad to hear that the recovery is going well. Will you be starting PT soon? The next best thing to sawing is reading Forestry Forum posts.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

red

I figured you were doing good .  Keep on keeping on . 

drobertson

Quote from: thechknhwk on October 10, 2016, 06:31:59 PM
Glad to hear you are doing well.  Will you have permanent weight restrictions when fully healed?
This is one thing doc stressed from the got go, 30 lb after year, right now 10lbs kinda of a drastic change for sure,

customsawyer

As long as you can still lift 12oz your okay.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

MikeZ

drobertson-I would like to know more about your surg if I could. I just committed to fusion after thinking about it for 4 days. T10 to pelvis. Brings tears to my eyes thinking about recovery. Stenosis and degen disc problem. Surgeon says better now than in 5-10 yrs if even possible. He said would take 2 surgeons 8 hrs to pull this off and 100K$ worth of titanium. I totally understand your pain before and after but hope it all helps. Dr is looking to improve my walk and 50% reduction in pain. I wish you the very best of healing!!
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Thank You Sponsors!