iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made it out! Surgery

Started by drobertson, September 14, 2016, 04:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Saw the lights go out at 10:00 this morning, asked Christy when was I going in at 6:10 this evening! Wow! Walked at 10:30 this evening no walker but hands on the nurse's shoulders. Praise to the Lord! And many thanks to you all for the prayers, thoughts and encouraging comments!! Thanks!
David
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thechknhwk

Hope you heal up quickly and completely!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Now, that's some WONDERFUL news!  :)   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Thank you David for the update and it is good to hear that encouraging report.  Please keep us posted with your healing and therapy progress.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

It's the greatest feeling to be able to come out of surgery and walk  8) . Takes awhile to build the muscles back up,took me 3 weeks to get to where I could walk 1/4 mi.
Ed K

drobertson

Thanks guys! Just got done with tthr first official OT/PT.one went through the back brace,log roll out of bed, standing and walking, got 4 more laps today, the other gal, learned me how to you know the number 2, the proper way. And some other stuff around the house,  I got to say flat out, this is life changing no doubt bout it, not really sure what I'll do,
Whatever it is milling its not be back later with more progress reports
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Squatty potty eh?  ;)

Good to hear David.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

Great news, I hope you heal quickly. Thanks for the update.  8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Mind your manners and follow the protocol.  Don't try to short cut your rehab.  Pretty soon, you will be running circles. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Great news!  Keep us updated.

SLawyer Dave

Hope the rest of your recovery is as smooth.   8)

drobertson

Quote from: WDH on September 14, 2016, 08:41:55 PM
Mind your manners and follow the protocol.  Don't try to short cut your rehab.  Pretty soon, you will be running circles.
I
Danny I tel you this doc leaves no room for fudging, he is very direct and to the point, not listening and following directions is not in the play book.  The results we be worth the change, crazy how time and events change courses in our lives.

customsawyer

Glad you made it out and are doing good.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

red

Eat sleep and go Fishing  you know the drill. Take the pain meds for now. A good attitude goes a long way. Yes flat out on your back to let everything heal . You got some non original parts in there . Factory remanufactured . Be strong my friend.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

drobertson

Made it home! Brutally painful, but home,

Magicman

It's good to hear that you are home.  Please keep us updated with your progress.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

red

Glad you are Home. You said in another thread that you will be sawing very soon while taking pain meds . Someone else said don't let a temporary recovery become a permanent result. If you need to move your sawmill to someone else's property , please do it . Do not go near that sawmill . Remember your taking some strong pain meds now. Keep us posted , get healthy. Slowly
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

Quote from: red on September 17, 2016, 05:33:27 AM
Glad you are Home. You said in another thread that you will be sawing very soon while taking pain meds . Someone else said don't let a temporary recovery become a permanent result. If you need to move your sawmill to someone else's property , please do it . Do not go near that sawmill . Remember your taking some strong pain meds now. Keep us posted , get healthy. Slowly

Ya, you fix your back, now use your head and let it heal. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

trapper

Glad your feeling better.  don't overdo it.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Savannahdan

We'll keep the prayers going.  But, please, follow what the doc orders, do rehab/PT and stay away from things that don't help the healing.   
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

drobertson

Well I need to clarify right now, the mention of sawing under meds or not was a poor joke, I meant I would be sleeping sawing logs in the recliner, right now its a struggle to clean up a no. 2,, but thanks again to you guys for your thoughts and prayers and great advice! This just proves you all have the sawdust bug too!!! Lol hard to quit ain't it , you all know I'm thinking about it, but the mill has to go,

Thank You Sponsors!