The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: I made it out! Surgery  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Carson-saws

Re: I made it out! Surgery
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 09:49:29 am »
OUTSTANDING!!!...VERY happy for you
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Offline sawwood

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »

Good to hear you are doing better David. May be I will come down to see you later this year. I need to see my family
 member in Cobol so you are not to far east from there. Stay strong and it will get better in time.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Offline red

• Senior Member x2
  • we will never forget
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 11:11:01 pm »
Ok you survived a few weeks . How is it going ?
We have a lot of good boys and girls in harms way
lets all support them and their familys.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:34 am »
 Red its going good so far, as to the shooting,numb,to tingling leg issues, all gone,what's left is the area around the incesion, my loins are still a bit weak, and iam completely off meds, no need for them currently, biggest pain sorta is this bone growth stimulator I'm wearing 4hours a day all said doing good. Thanks folks  sure miss sawing,,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Offline thechknhwk

• Senior Member x2
    • Story of the Trees
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:59 pm »
Glad to hear you are doing well.  Will you have permanent weight restrictions when fully healed?

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »
Glad to hear that the recovery is going well. Will you be starting PT soon? The next best thing to sawing is reading Forestry Forum posts.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline red

• Senior Member x2
  • we will never forget
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2016, 02:15:00 am »
I figured you were doing good .  Keep on keeping on . 
We have a lot of good boys and girls in harms way
lets all support them and their familys.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:11 am »
Glad to hear you are doing well.  Will you have permanent weight restrictions when fully healed?
This is one thing doc stressed from the got go, 30 lb after year, right now 10lbs kinda of a drastic change for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Offline customsawyer

• Senior Member x2
    • The Custom Sawyer
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2016, 06:17:55 pm »
As long as you can still lift 12oz your okay.  :D
Two LT70s and to much other support equipment to mention.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Offline MikeZ

• Learning
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 11:05:15 pm »
drobertson-I would like to know more about your surg if I could. I just committed to fusion after thinking about it for 4 days. T10 to pelvis. Brings tears to my eyes thinking about recovery. Stenosis and degen disc problem. Surgeon says better now than in 5-10 yrs if even possible. He said would take 2 surgeons 8 hrs to pull this off and 100K$ worth of titanium. I totally understand your pain before and after but hope it all helps. Dr is looking to improve my walk and 50% reduction in pain. I wish you the very best of healing!!
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 08:23:42 am »
Mike sorry to hear of your issue man, rough, it sounds like your problems are just above where mine were, regardless it stinks. My procedure was unique in that my previous fusion L4 L5 had to be redone from lack of fusion. Then L4 and L3 and S 1. It was a fast 5 hours for me on the table! Ha! Now things feel great, just can't work,, like everyone says, follow docs orders and behave, and you will heal, let us know if you feel like it, will be thinking of you, 

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »
Well crapola! Six week check up not the report card I was looking for.  A!l good except a short section of incesion. Seems like its not quite healing like it should.  No pain or discomfort, just not what the doc liked to see, go back Friday again, I reckon best to air on the side of caution.

Offline Ed_K

• Senior Member x2
  • Leave it better than you found it. Ed_K
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2016, 09:43:44 am »
 Caution would be best. I had a similar problem when they stapled me up after hernia surgery, would not heal then we found it was an ingrown hair was causing the problem, when it starts feeling warm that's not good,get it looked at quick.
 Let us know how it goes and hope all's ok. It's a bummer when you write up a long post and it doesn't go. Rita's learning to use her phone to text, some of the words don't come out right,funny some times not so others. I'll wait as long as I can before going to the new phones with all their gadgets  ;D .
Ed K

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2016, 10:13:53 am »
Wife just went for her check up of a knee replacement. Had one of those stiches inside that was trying to come outside. He knew as soon as he saw it. All gone now.Hope it's that simple.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2016, 07:58:04 am »
Hopefully David, this will only be a minor setback on your journey toward a successful back procedure. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline dgdrls

• Senior Member x2
  • Learning the Art of Milling Logs, Lucas 8/27
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »
dr,

I hope your incision has healed properly and your on the "full mend"

best
D

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2016, 06:44:44 am »
Thanks D, slowly getting there, scar tissue from previous fusion is the culprit, getting there,