iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to group

Started by wykle42548, April 01, 2002, 04:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wykle42548

new to group but not to milling,have a old foley-bellsaw am sawing in my free time after a 87 acre farm and a full time job operating heavy equipment(the big stuff) needed something to do when not bailing hay,and teach grandsons the value of honest work.we use our big tractor to handle logs and lumber. my place is in southern west virgina . been worked hard and put up wet but truly enjoy sawing and time spent with grandsons and sons(when thay have time) but enouf about me ,my queston is anyone have information about a continental,red seal stationary engine 4cyl magneto gov.

Don P

Welcome Wykle,
I've got a Timberking circle mill (a modern Foley).
Sounds like we,re neighbors, I'm S of the tunnels in VA where are you?
Can you get a pic of the magneto and engine, there's an old conti in the barn.

Tom

Welcome Wykle,
I to like to have kids around too.  Mine wanted no part of the sawmill but there was a batch about 8 years ago that love it.  Those today disappear right after they get off of the school bus.  I don't know where they go but the mailboxes still get mashed so I guess they are out there somewhere.

Gordon

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the mashed mailbox syndrome. Hasn't happend where I live now but at the last house I had to replace a couple. Then it dawned on me how to fix that problem once and for all.

I made one out of steel pipe it wasn't pretty but I never had another problem with it. Oh and the kicker of this story is one morning the mrs found a broken end of a baseball bat. The paint had a smudge in it but that was it.

I would have loved to see the look on the kids face when his plan of destruction backfired in his face. :D

One day I'll have to ride by there and take a picture of it.

Gordon

woodman

Welcome to the forum , I don't do loggen just the cutting i leave that to you pro's. But if you like to have fun your in the wright place welcom a gin or beer.
Jim Cripanuk

Bud Man

Welcome Wykle, I personally don't know nuthin bout birthing babies or magneto's, but  I'm guessing there are a few here who probably do know something bout magnets or magnetos.  I just know that the Forum as a whole and collectively seem to have a lot of combined knowledge and everyone gets along and learns bunches. So jump in, have fun, participate, and learn with the rest of us.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

BRP

Welcome to the forum Wykle.

Jeff

Welcome Wykle, Wow 2 West by Godders in one day! (see the thread "New to Forum" from yesterday. There's a fellow over there looking for experience helping with a mill.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Welcome aboard 8)  You might want to check out www.ytmag or www.atis.net for some info on your engine.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ron Scott

How far south in West Virginia? I lived and worked in West Virginia for a few years,  Richwood, W. VA. Have some great memories from there.
~Ron

Frank_Pender

Welcome on "board" Wykle.   Jump in and come along for the learning "tree of knowledge" . :P  There are centures of experience around every bush and tree. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

chet

Welcome Wykle
What kind of info do you need for your Continental? One of my tractors is a farmal cub and has that same engine. Let me know, I could probably answer some of your questions.  Chet
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Chet, The Farmall Cub uses IHC's own C60 engine.  Comparable tractors like the Allis Chalmers G and the Massey Harris Pony use the N62 Continental.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!