iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Never forget

Started by Texas Ranger, September 11, 2016, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

that should be played on every major network channel once per hour all week  because it seems alot of people have forgotten  >:(

i still remember the exact spot on the highway  where i was when they announced it on the radio  my heart still goes out to all the families affected by it and to the veterans and their families as a result of it :(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

pine

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on September 11, 2016, 10:47:40 AM
that should be played on every major network channel once per hour all week  because it seems alot of people have forgotten 

Yes indeed

timberlinetree

X2  I will never forget seeing the city smoking from the tapanzee bridge or the dust/dirt from the twin towers I held in my fingers. May they all rest in peace.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

Link did not work on my dinosaur.
I heard one song on the radio. I think about this day quite often
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Was working in the tool room then, came on the radio, very sketchy at first, like a freak accident if I remember correctly, did not take long for the truth to come out, I remember getting the kids from school and to the house we went, long lines for fuel, no way to forget, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Josef

Absolutely never forget! It's amazing to think that 15 years have gone by. We were working on a roof in Pittsburgh that morning, always have a radio playing in the background on jobsites, after the first report the crew was waiting for the announcer to say it was a mistaken report. After the second and then the reports of the pentagon the jobsite came to a standstill while we listened closely for reports. Then came the reports of flight 93. When that report came in we started gathering up tools to go home, most of my crew lived close to Shanksville. The first reports of flight 93 had it in quite a few locations, in about a 50 mile radius, as we were driving home every report moved it closer to where we lived. By the time we got back to the shop we could see the smoke from the crash site, only a couple of miles away, the location concealed by a ridge.

We, as a country, changed that day. Never forget. It's a tribute to the character of this country that so many first responders rushed in thinking only of the need to help and rescue strangers, keep them and their families in your thoughts today as much as the innocent victims of that atrocious cowardly act.

Joe
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

gspren

I was at work on a US Army Base, the next few days were a nightmare to get on Base and security never went back to as lax as it was before.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

timberlinetree

One thing that still gives me the chills:

When this country was formed,it was formed One nation under god. When the first president of the United States of America ( George Washington) was sworn into office, the inauguration wasn't a parade and party for all the corporate donors/ lobbyists/ media, instead immediately after they went to a small church and prayed. This church was located at ground zero. 7 buildings went down that day, but the church some how surrived.We should never forget.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

Quote from: red on September 12, 2016, 07:54:16 AM
" Let's Roll "

How sad. They fought back and saved many,many lifes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!