iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2016 Paul Bunyon Show in Ohio. Who's going ?

Started by WV_hillbilly, September 06, 2016, 10:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

I thought it was a great show too but its all what youre into. I really enjoyed meetin the two  shamusturbo bros. great guys to talk to and they have the same firewood bug as I do. must be highly contagous :D. it was cloudy at first but around noon the sun broke through and it turned out o be a nice day. it looked like  the cord king operater (salesman) was struggling with his machine and was getting frustrated. hate to see that but that is real life too ;D. agreed on the sllable wood comin out of the machines. why don't they make sellable wood cause that's what we really want to see. most of them were producing real short boiler wood. kinda stinks.  oh and double tree Belgians I'm from Pandora. hi neighbor
john

John S

Jeff, I hope you are feeling better and fully recovered.

John Snyder
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Jeff

Thank you, but not yet. The stone has passed but I took a physical beating. They found a few squirrely things doing the catscan I now have to deal with as well, so some appointments need to be made in the morning..
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: OH logger on October 09, 2016, 08:25:25 AM
I thought it was a great show too but its all what youre into. I really enjoyed meetin the two  shamusturbo bros. great guys to talk to and they have the same firewood bug as I do. must be highly contagous :D. it was cloudy at first but around noon the sun broke through and it turned out o be a nice day. it looked like  the cord king operater (salesman) was struggling with his machine and was getting frustrated. hate to see that but that is real life too ;D. agreed on the sllable wood comin out of the machines. why don't they make sellable wood cause that's what we really want to see. most of them were producing real short boiler wood. kinda stinks.  oh and double tree Belgians I'm from Pandora. hi neighbor

I'm familiar with where you're located now that you mentioned Pandora. I'll stop by some time when I'm in the neighborhood and introduce myself.  Small world I guess. This forum and all the members here are great. One big happy family.
Looking forward to meeting you

Brent

shamusturbo

If I owned the company, and I sold a machine to someone in Ohio or for that matter anyone attending the show that already owned one, simply ask them to run it. They could put on a clinic, I'm sure. Some of the guys at the show have hundreds or even thousands of hours on some of these machines and know a lot of little tricks to making the most out of the pole because it is coming out of their pocket. Just my 2 cents.....

thecfarm -I can honestly say I have run all the CTL brands and there is nothing as nice, powerful, and as smooth as a CAT. So naturally, we but heads. Until he wants to borrow it....
They are definitely catering to the farmer/rancher/smaller sized landowner now more than ever. When the firewood processors started, they were all huge and they sort of worked backwards into most of the machines on display on Saturday. They are finally trying to fill a gap between a high end splitter and a processor that won't break the bank.
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

thecfarm

shamusturbo,coming to Bangor,ME in May? The woods expo will there. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sassafras73

I thought it was a good show too, perfect weather, but was there on sunday for the first time ever...had only ever been there on Fridays in the past. A bit different when some vendors start getting antsy to just go home by mid-day.  Had no choice but to go on sunday this year as I bought one of the woodmizer mills ahead of time and had to pick it up and take it home with me!
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

OH logger

Quote from: Sassafras73 on October 10, 2016, 11:41:38 PM
I thought it was a good show too, perfect weather, but was there on sunday for the first time ever...had only ever been there on Fridays in the past. A bit different when some vendors start getting antsy to just go home by mid-day.  Had no choice but to go on sunday this year as I bought one of the woodmizer mills ahead of time and had to pick it up and take it home with me!

hey Scott; is that you?! did u get a mill? congrats if u did!
john

Wood Shed

My wife and I went on Friday.  Got to talk with a guy from Ohio that is a Portage and Main dealer,  lives near Youngstown Ohio .   That made the trip worth while for us as our current OWB is 11 years old.  Also saw a Polar furnace although not as up close as I would have liked (was mounted on a trailer).
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

Sassafras73

Yep John...that was me...thanks for the congrats, it took a while.  So far I got it set up, sawed one tiny walnut log and built a log deck to stage logs, but then was out of town for 4 days.  I figure once I get through my pile of ugly "practice logs" I'll be on here all the time trolling for good advice.  Then it will be time to start dropping the nearly dead ash on the farm to finish the horse barn stalls.
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

OH logger

sounds good. did u cut up them sassafras logs off that job I did last year? there were some nice ones there  ;) what size mill did u get?
john

Sassafras73

just an lt15 25hp with powerfeed and trailer package.  Sorry late response...been busy haven't gotten on here lately.
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

Thank You Sponsors!