The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: 2016 Paul Bunyon Show in Ohio. Who's going ?  (Read 3302 times)

Offline WV_hillbilly

• Work can be shocking at times . Bellaire , OH
2016 Paul Bunyon Show in Ohio. Who's going ?
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:22:07 am »
 Well it's almost that time of the year for the Paul Bunyon Forestry Show in Ohio on Oct 7-9 2016.

I was just wondering who is planning on attending this year ? It's a good time to meet up with fellow FF members and vendors  . I'm fortunate that its only 35 min to the west of me,  so just about in my back yard . I'm planning on being there on Saturday   
Hillbilly

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: 2016 Paul Bunyon Show in Ohio. Who's going ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »
HBilly,

Where in Ohio is it being held? Details?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline williaty

• I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:51:52 pm »
Gurnsey Co Fairgrounds, pretty close to the intersection of I-70 and I-77.

http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=pbsshowfacts

Offline jmouton

• never enough time
    • Log-Gistics
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:13:17 pm »
we will be there on sat too,,,

jim
lt-25 woodmizer,24 honda,hyd loading,fiat tractor,bobcat,international flatbed,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,and a couple 3 f-250 pick-up trucks 99,00,09 grapple system coming soon!!

Offline williaty

• I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 11:01:44 pm »
We'll be going on Saturday as well. We're putting in a wood stove this year and I hope there'll be some vendors with some of the odds and ends we haven't bought yet like the hearth tools.

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:39:02 am »
Planning on it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 08:10:17 pm »
For those who are interested in any thing concerning forestry this the place .Everything to can imagine from giant tub grinders to cross cut saws .Chippers that can swallow a 3 feet diameter tree in short order. Band saw mills,circle saw mills  chainsaw mills .Firewood processors   that can spit out bundled wood in one fell swoop .

I can't make it this year, too busy .Perhaps some day I can run in the Ohio championship hot saws once again. You just never know about these things . :)

Offline Robert Owens

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:51:48 pm »
I am planning to be there Friday and Saturday. I really enjoyed it last year and learned a lot from Brian Bond in the classes he offered. I plan to take a couple of the classes this year as well. We will also be able to visit with our daughter since she is working on her PhD at Ohio State. I hope to meet some FF members while I am there.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 08:16:42 am »
Take the time and go!!! I have never been to the one in OH,  ;D but go to the one in Maine. I try to go both days. One to look at the logging equipment and one to look at the sawmills.
The 1000hp chipper is there each year. Really anything to do with wood is there and moving too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline DR_Buck

• Senior Member x2
  • Nuff said.....
    • Got Logs?
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:41:26 am »
Kitty &  I will be there the entire show hanging out at the Logrite booth.      Kitty may even have some FF hats available for the members that show up wanting to purchase one.....or more.  ;D
Hidden Acres Farm
I got a shotgun, a shovel backhoe and 57 acres!

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Offline catalina

• Its a dogs Life!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »
Im planning on going on Saturday. Think a couple buddies are going with me. Gene

Offline Oliver05262

• Full Member x2
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »
  My wife and I will be there Friday. I've always wanted to go to this show but the school year calender kept my wife from getting time off. Now she's retired we have a little more freedom that way. Got a motel room reserved in Cambridge for Thursday night. We'll see the show on Friday and then go on to our daughter's in Grove City to visit them for a few days.        Depending on what the girls are planning on doing Saturday, I might get back for some of that day, too. Son-in-Law grew up in Cambridge, and his Mom still lives there. He might want to check up on her and then see the show in the afternoon??? Give my grandson something to talk about in school Monday, too.
If a tree falls in the forest, and then springs back up again; do the squirrels freak out?

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here"

Offline OH logger

• livin the dream
Bunyan firewood shootout
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »
so whos all makin the trip to cambridge ohio to watch the shootout? i know i'll be there saturday. hope they (we) get good weather :)
john

Offline DR_Buck

• Senior Member x2
  • Nuff said.....
    • Got Logs?
Re: Bunyan firewood shootout
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 08:25:07 pm »
Hidden Acres Farm
I got a shotgun, a shovel backhoe and 57 acres!

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Offline DbltreeBelgians

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:02 am »
My wife just informed me that she was taking the day off of work to spend with me on my birthday Friday and we'll be at the show. This is gonna be a great birthday present. 8)
Looking forward to meeting fellow FF members

Brent

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 12:04:36 pm »
Well, life has got in the way for me. I had my stuff in the truck already last night. I laid down about 9:00 and within 10 minutes was in severe pain in my lower left abdomen. Within an hour I was throwing up and in really bad pain. Had no idea what it was. Tried to walk tried to so what ever. 4 this morning I woke up Tammy and asked if my insurance was still in effect, she said yes, so I said I need to have you take me to the hospital. I have to think I am dieing before saying that so she knew I was serious.   Turns out to be a kidney stone and an infection among other things. My blood pressure was 235 over 105 when I got there from the pain. 

I'm home now, blood pressure at 130 over 75, heavily medicated waiting for the stone to pass. Sure was looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new, but I thank heavens that this happened a few hours before I was to leave, and not on the road.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline DbltreeBelgians

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
Jeff, I sure hope you get feeling better real soon. I've missed the show for past 4 years being on the mend from my bout with colorectal cancer. I feel your pain buddy. Just get better and shoot for next year.
I've only ever met one FF member so I'm really looking forward to meeting some but not sure how I'll know one. I'll be wearing a green DblTree Belgians T-shirt so if any members spot me please speak up.
It's gonna be a good time with good weather Friday.

Brent

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »
Not lucky you got them,but as you said lucky you was not at the show. That is too bad you are going to miss the show.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline OH logger

• livin the dream
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 07:57:45 pm »
where u from double tree belgians? just curious as there arent many of us on this forum from NW ohio ;) just got home a while ago. took autocar from here and my 7 year old son for the first time. we all had a ball ;D. he already told me when we were at the show that he HAS to come back next year again. auto car was well behaved too :D
john

Offline williaty

• I'm new!
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 09:15:40 pm »
We went today and it was both more and less than I hoped. Overall, it wasn't as helpful to us as we thought because it's so heavily geared towards production/commercial-scale wood processing and we're anything but. There were nearly no products that had any applicability to what we do. On the other hand, there was lots of safety equipment on hand so it enabled us to try a bunch of things on. My wife got full-wrap chaps that fit better than the ones we could get locally and I found a pair of gloves that actually fit (which is a miracle, I have HUGE hands). Sadly, the chainsaw cut-resistant boots couldn't fit my orthotic insoles, so I wasn't able to go home with a set. However, being able to try them all there saved me a heck of lot of money in shipping back and forth.

I'm honestly not sure if we'll go again. Without much equipment for the homestead-scale logger, there's not much to justify the trip out there. I guess maybe if we end up looking for PPE again we might go back.