Sponsors:

New to me truck

Started by Bruno of NH, September 06, 2016, 05:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Picked up a new to me truck.
2011 GMC 4x4 with a fiberglass cap.
18,000 miles and no rust.
My friends Dad is very sick and wanted to sell it before he passed .
I,m very glad he sold it to me, i cleaned it up this weekend and it drives like a new truck.Bruno

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

timberlinetree

That is a nice truck! Congratulations 8)! Some of my favorite words" no rust"!  Sorry to hear about your Friend's dad.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Magicman

That is a nice looking ride.  I am sure that the $$ will help the family during their sad time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

I grew up with the Family they lived next door .
My friends Dad is a nice man its very sad.
It hits home with me because i lost my Dad to cancer just when we started to understand each other .
It  was hard for me to do the deal and talk with him .
He took me and his son Satchy fishing a lot when we where kids.
I give my trucks names and have named this truck after him .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

r.man

Sorry to hear about your friend, nice that someone he knew bought his truck. Definitely a no dickering deal.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Chuck White

That truck is a real beauty, Bruno.

Always sad to hear these stories about the "C" word!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

Sharp! It should be at only 18K though ;) Sorry to hear about the circumstances though. I just bought a "new to me" truck as well, except mine 115,000 miles on it. That's much less than the 299,750 the '97 Dodge 3500 Cummins has on it. This one is an '03 Dodge 3500 Cummins, no rust and it drives nice and tight.
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

Another regional language difference- New England=Cap Midwest=Topper PNW=Canopy :D What are they called in the south?

caveman

toppers, home, hunting camp, or dog houses (when in the front yard),
Caveman

barbender

Here's my "new to me" ride, happy thus far, but a bit worried- it just threw an engine code. It's running fine, but the code is related to injector wiring or something >:( Hopefully it's simple, I held off on getting one of the electronic 5.9's for a long time because I can't afford a $3000 injector issue.

Bruno of NH

Nice find on the dodge
No rust in the northeast means a lot on a truck :) :)

barbender

It does in the midwest, too ;) The problem I have is folks think that their rusted out rigs still demand full book value. No thanks.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: barbender on September 11, 2016, 01:43:12 PM
It does in the midwest, too ;) The problem I have is folks think that their rusted out rigs still demand full book value. No thanks.
That's why i got the 2011 low miles and no rust  :) :)
Has been fluid filmed its hole life  :)
i wasn't ready till next year on a new truck but made it work for this one.
Now i got 3 trucks and a work van oh well ;D

barbender

I've been wondering about trying fluid film. My truck does have rust on the underbody, and I would like to arrest it there.

newoodguy78

Nice looking Dodge you have there Barbender. Hopefully that code is something simple.From what I've seen with fluid film it is time and money well spent. The trick is to find those spots you can't see and bury them in it. I usually take mine down every dusty dirt road I can find after doing it. That seems to slow down th after effects of it dripping.

Also a nice looking Chevy Bruno hope it serves you well for a long time. Clean ones like that are sure tough to find in this state. One can never have too many trucks.

newoodguy78

Bruno I owe you a bit of an apology. I meant to compliment your GMC and typed in Chevy...what a dunce. Sometimes my fingers don't type what my mind is thinking.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: newoodguy78 on September 15, 2016, 09:47:14 PM
Bruno I owe you a bit of an apology. I meant to compliment your GMC and typed in Chevy...what a dunce. Sometimes my fingers don't type what my mind is thinking.
No problem same thing  :D :D
I have 2 Chevys and 2 GMC I like the grills better on the GMC
My wife's Chevy has the car interior i cant stand it  ;D
Bruno

David Freed

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 06, 2016, 05:56:27 AM
Picked up a new to me truck.
2011 GMC 4x4 with a fiberglass cap.
18,000 miles and no rust.
My friends Dad is very sick and wanted to sell it before he passed .
I,m very glad he sold it to me, i cleaned it up this weekend and it drives like a new truck.Bruno
Really nice.  smiley_thumbsup

ozarkgem

Quote from: barbender on September 11, 2016, 08:32:17 AM
Another regional language difference- New England=Cap Midwest=Topper PNW=Canopy :D What are they called in the south?
We call them camper shell
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

kiko

snowstorm

Quote from: barbender on September 11, 2016, 05:02:55 PM
I've been wondering about trying fluid film. My truck does have rust on the underbody, and I would like to arrest it there.
i buy 4 gallons or more each year. an undercoat gun works well just lower the air psi. the big plow trucks get a lot of it. the ford pickups i pull the plastic panels out behind the seat so i can coat the inside of the cab coroners door drains everything under it. i think it works. spray a little on your snow plow when you have a wet storm

Thank You Sponsors!