iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 545/555's?

Started by gman98, September 04, 2016, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

What are you guys experiences with these saws?  They seem to be priced like a pro series saw, but they definently aren't pushing out the horse power of the XP's.  Are they any good or just a gimmick?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

John Mc

IMO, the 555 is a great saw. It's pro-style construction, much like the 562XP, but without the "Rev-boost" feature, and for significantly less than a similar size XP saw. When my 357XP bites the dust, the 555 is a top contender to replace it (if I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket, maybe I'll go for a 562XP instead).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

celliott

Yup, just as good of quality, with a few less features. Rev boost, maybe a high top air filter, I think the transfer port covers may be a little different, affecting the power output some. Same crankcases, piston+cylinder, etc.
Like the older 359 VS 357xp, or the 365 special VS 372xp
Plus the 545\555 don't come with the ugly silver chipping paint, they're all orange!

Fine saws that you would be way ahead on to buy VS the plastic homeowner grade saws.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

BroncoRN

555 is a really nice saw.  I had one and much preferred it over a Stihl 361.  Felt less bulkey and easier to maneuver - that thing could sling some chips!
Echo cs440
Husky 350
Husky 455
Husky 372xp
Husky 395xp
Poulan s25da
Poulan 2750
Homelite Super 2
Homelite SXL 925
Stihl HT75
Mcculloch 1-71

Thank You Sponsors!