iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brute Force firewood processor

Started by customdave, September 04, 2016, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customdave

I've been thinkin about wood processors again and had before had it nailed down between multitek & blockbuster. Now ive been seriously lookin at the brute force on line, videos and their website and i"m impressed with their machines, the 18-24, couple things that i like ,the intergrated swivel conveyor ,the log deck height is only 48" from ground, overall seems like well built machine, and of course the bang for the buck!. I have phoned them to send out their info package to me and seemed very nice to talk to as well. I was wondering if anybody has been up close to these machines in person at a show etc? and what is your thoughts. Its hard shopping on the computer without phiscally seeing them. thats why I'm asking here if anbody been up close to one, would appreciate any feed back. Oh yeah another plus brute force is a forum sponser!!                         

Have a good day   Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Ox

Yep, I was gonna suggest that Brute Force was a sponsor and to maybe give him a call to chat in person.  Good luck with your purchase.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

GAB

Quote from: customdave on September 04, 2016, 08:15:32 AM
I've been thinkin about wood processors again and had before had it nailed down between multitek & blockbuster. Now ive been seriously lookin at the brute force on line, videos and their website and i"m impressed with their machines, the 18-24, couple things that i like ,the intergrated swivel conveyor ,the log deck height is only 48" from ground, overall seems like well built machine, and of course the bang for the buck!. I have phoned them to send out their info package to me and seemed very nice to talk to as well. I was wondering if anybody has been up close to these machines in person at a show etc? and what is your thoughts. Its hard shopping on the computer without phiscally seeing them. thats why I'm asking here if anbody been up close to one, would appreciate any feed back. Oh yeah another plus brute force is a forum sponser!!                         

Have a good day   Dave

Recently I've seen ads for Brute Force wood processors where you can get one with a grapple or log loader to load the logs onto the processor so you do not need a skid steer or some way of loading the logs.
For up to date information call 231-258-4246 or 231-564-2672 and ask for Ed.
Note: those numbers are in the eastern time zone.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

customdave

There must be somebody on here that has been up close to one, getting antsie for a evalueation on these machines

Thanks Dave

barbender

I believe the Brute Force is built in Wisconsin, maybe Superior so fairly close to me. We have our MN logging show coming up next weekend (Northstar Expo) I'll see if they are there, I'll be looking closely at the firewood processors anyhow.
Too many irons in the fire

customdave

Thankyou sir, I know they were at a logging show this weekend as well not sure where but it was a couple hrs away from them, there out of Dorchester,WI

Dave

barbender

I was just looking at that, Dorchester is a bit farther away. I'll look for them at the show, at any rate ;)

barbender

I just looked at the BruteForce website, they have the Northstar Expo on their schedule smiley_thumbsup

glassman_48

customdave,
I am the brute force sponsor in here (glassman_48)  I see GAB left my phone numbers.  Your welcome to call me and I can talk to you about our machines.  Or I will  be glad to call you too.  Thanks for your inquiry.

Okrafarmer

Glassman, I was looking for pricing on your website-- I'm not sure if I just didn't see it, or if it isn't there-- was wondering if you are able to tell us the base prices of the wood processor models.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ivan49

Glassman Is that your place just north of Kalkaska on the right Where the processor is sitting in front. I am going to stop in and talk to you about another thing you have there maybe Thur

glassman_48

okrafarmer,
Our newest model just came out model 14-24 and its base price is $15,900.00 that one will do a 16" diameter log at 24" long.  Our models start there and go up to $49,500.00 for our biggest diesel.  All models including our new one are joystick operated. Our larger models also have a conveyor that swivels 3' side to side which really makes doing wood much easier. The prices change so I did not post them on my website.  Ivan, that is my place on u.s. 131, you can call my shop before you come and I will try to be there, Jeff has been doing all my website stuff, we have more products including a quick attach grapple that I will be taking pictures of and getting posted soon. Thank you for your inquiry

Okrafarmer

Thanks, Glassman, that sounds like a very reasonable price range to me!  :)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

glassman_48

okrafarmer,
These machines are built like tanks, really a lot of heavy steel on them.  You can also google brute force firewood processors we have some you tube video's also.  Some of the video's show just the type of wood we run through the machines on video.  It is large, nasty knarly wood that we try to run. Ivan, if you do come up tomorrow, would you mind bringing a digital camera, or you cell phone.  I have another new product ( a quick attach log grapple)  and I am trying to get pictures and get them to Jeff or learn how to put them on here.  The prices are very reasonable especially all joystick operated and the swiveling conveyor is just the best.  We will be getting more video's on my northern Michigan firewood products website too.  Thank you again

Ivan49

Glasman. I won't make it tomorrow I just spent 7 hour in the hospital with the wife but I will make sure to bring my camera when I come up hopefully Fri

glassman_48

customdave,
Ivan49 was able to make it up today, he got some pictures, hoping we can get them on here or in my website. 

Ivan49

Glassman 48 I sent the pictures to you e mail address. Let me know if you got them. I had the pleasure of meeting Glassman48 this morning and I can say he is a great guy. He is not a high pressure salesman and he don't feed you a line when you ask him a question. He will tell you where his strong point are without feeding you the normal salesman BS. If anyone in Northern Mich iis looking for a wood processor give him a call. He showed me the smallest  one first and then we went to a customers lot and there we looked at the biggest one. These thing are built like a tank and the quality of workman ship is excellant. I have looked at a couple other brands but these are built twice as heavy. If some bends some of this steel on these they were doing things that nothing is going to hold up to. When I get to cutting wood ED I will send you some pictures of the firewood bags stacked to see what you think

glassman_48

ivan49,
I got the pictures, I sent some to Jeff to see if they would work for my website.  Thanks for your input on our machines and your kind words.   If those bags will stack, I would be interested in that too.  We are hoping to put a small enclosure up over our outdoor wood boiler and if we could stack bags 2 high it would be great, we can set our processor up right under the enclosure and bag all the wood we would need for part of the winter in a day and then repeat later this winter.  Anyone interested in these processors can go to my website and contact me in the contact area.  I can send brochures and price lists, we have had several new products this summer so old brochures don't have everything on them.  New brochures are going to be made up. Thanks again ivan49

barbender

Ok, so I went to the North Star Expo Friday, mainly to look at firewood processors. Our Expo had really been dwindling the last few years, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a good increase in attendance by both vendors and people intereseted in the equipment. There were a LOT of firewood processors there- I can't remember all of the names, but Brute Force, Eager Beaver, Dyna, I think I saw a Multi-tek, Halverson, maybe Hahn, a Finnish system I can't remember the name of, were all there. I'm probably missing half of them, Wood Mizer had their new splitters there, as did Automated Biomass Systems. I was there to give that ABS splitter a good looking over, I'm pretty interested in the box wedge style machines, and also the Halvorson skid steer mounted processor. Anyhow, I watched the Brute Force machine in action for a bit, it was the biggest one they had there. Unfortunately,  the guy that was operating it was new to it and wasn't making it "sing". All I can say is that it looks like it is very solidly built, among the top tier of heavily built machines. I wish I could have seen it processing a variety of wood (knotty, crotchy, crooked) to see how it does with the ugly stuff, but they weren't going through much when I had a chance to watch. I guess all I can really say is the look just as solid in person as they do in the pictures online.

glassman_48

barbender,
I sell the ABS log splitters and they are nice.  The video they made which is on my northern Michigan firewood products website is not the greatest. I put a 24" log in that hopper and just pulled the splitter lever, and never had to manhandle that log, it just drops right back in the hopper and resplits every lever pull.  I will try to get jeff up sometime and make a better video.  The brute force machine really is a great machine especially with the conveyor that swivels 3' side to side and we are now putting a hydraulic log catch (on the larger machines) which drops the last log straight down so it wont tip and that log catch also holds a log up above the top of the wedge so you can cut boiler wood and push it right over the wedge, really innovative. I have been able to sell all over the country with ABS and Brute Force if anyone contacts me through my forestry forum website we can send brochures and price lists and if you are close to a dealer we can send you there too.  Because of all the exposure we are getting in the forestry forum both companies give me a lot of leeway on where I sell.  I am glad you all are able to comment on what you see on those machines.  Thank You

logman81

They are some of the best well built and innovative processors ive seen.
Precision Firewood & Logging

barbender

Glassman, I have dvd from ABS the "Matts" gave me at the show, and they both did a good job of running me through their machines. I think I had my wife (CFO) about ready to give the go ahead on one of the ABS machines, and they had a really good show special price. I'm still kind of hung up on deciding the best direction for our little family operation. The ABS type machines wohld require me to block up the firewood with a chainsaw, since I've never trained my wife and daughter to run a chainsaw. I intend to, but I really don't want them running a saw that much. That puts me back at looking at full blown processors, but I really don't want want to invest that much at this point. I need to make up my mind what my goals are I guess ::)

Okrafarmer

Sounds like time to sit down and make a business plan.  :)

customdave

Thanks barbender for having a peek at these machines, helps a lot to have your opinion on them to help me decide.
Glassman when would the hyd log holder be availabe?

customdave

I like the idea of the hyd log catch, sounds like a nice feature, if i order one i think I would want this option.....

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!