goose63

fudd-smiley digin_2 fudd-smiley that is some mighty fine eating right there
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

rooster 58

Was just over in Bennezette on Saturday. My wife and I took our grandson along
We saw 40 elk, including one nice bull, two Spike Bulls, and another 4bulls far off just before dark.  We also saw 9 deer, including a spike buck still in velvet accompanied by a doe

Den Socling

I used to have a customer in Emporium until he died.  :'(  I would see a lot of Elk. 

I was going by an old apple tree where a house was long gone. The Elk just stood there eating apples. Another time I saw one along the road and pulled over. It was so close that I could almost pet him. I don't see any fun in shooting the current PA Elk herd. It would be like shooting somebody's cows. Maybe someday if they somehow become wild. Right now they are used to humans just pulling over to look at them. Sometimes cars are lined up along the road.

Magicman

Being wild is a learned trait that is passed down from the females to the young.  They react to whatever she is afraid of and learn to also be afraid of whatever it was.  They also tolerate whatever she tolerates.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Dandy big bull and small herd on cam now.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

rooster 58

Den,
     I used to feel like you about the wildness of the Pa  elk herd. I have learned that outside of the popular viewing areas that the elk are as wily as can be. I don't apply for an elk tag myself, but I believe the  elk hunt is definitely fair chase.
     What makes it seem easy is that it is only a one week season with limited entry of only a hundred or so tags, with approximately 2/3 of those being cow tags. So it's akin to hunting a limited draw area in other parts of the country

Den Socling

Maybe they are like white tails. You see them everywhere until you go hunting.

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

gspren

Every time we go to the Pig Roast we stop at Bennezett on the way for at least one night and always see plenty elk around the town, campground, and viewing areas, these are not the elk that get hunted. Last year one of my neighbors drew a tag for a bull and with a local guide it still took 4 days to get her bull.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

IndianaJoe

this is one awsome camera. I am seeing elk every night.

Thank You Sponsors!