iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simple sawhorses.

Started by Dave Shepard, September 03, 2016, 12:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I've seen these around the internet, and the guy I was working for last winter had a pile of them. I frame off of timber framed ponies or my trestle, but it's nice to have some simple horses around to pile stuff on or to assemble doors etc. This one is a white pine prototype to get the measurements the way I want, then I'll make a couple of sets out of some left over white oak trailer planks that needed to get used before they go to waste. Legs are cut at 10°. Load path goes from the top right to the legs, and if you put a board gusset across the legs just under the top, then you can put 40' oak 10"x12" timbers on them.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

barbender

Very nice! I am always trying to build a better, simpler, sturdier sawhorse. You can never have too many, it seems ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Dave Shepard

I guess I should have mentioned that it was made from rough lumber sawn to store dimensions. 2x4 for the top, 2x6 for the legs.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fishfighter

That is the way I always been building them. I keep a couple sets around the sawmill to load slabs on.

GAB

Dave:
Could you show an end view with the dimensions of each piece.
TIA,
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Dave Shepard

I can get a pic tomorrow, but it's just an I beam made of 1.5"x3.5" lumber, and the legs are 1.5"x5.5". I just eyeballed the boards and screwed them together.

Thank You Sponsors!