TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: My weight loss journey  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
  • Pro-Sawyer Mary and Bibbyman
    • Warden Sawmill
Re: My weight loss journey
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 05:51:54 am »
Well good on you.

For some reason,  your diet plan sounds strangely familiar.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Offline Peter Drouin

• Senior Member x2
    • Sanbornton Construction L.L.C.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 07:11:15 am »
Well good on you.

When I quit smoking a long time ago I put on 40lb. :o
So I just got busy working. No snacks, no sitting around. JUST WORK.

Now I'm lean and strong :D :D :D :D
2008 LT40 super, And can cut up to 45' long
http://www.forestryforum.com/sanbornton     NH Timberland Owners Association supporter.
And a license NH soft wood grader.
Sawing since 1987

Offline sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
  • love my job (most days)
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 07:41:49 am »
i went to the doc for checkup a in july and he informed me i had gained 35 pounds since he seen me at the end of jan :o sugar was high cholesterol was 300 :o so he was not very happy with me  :)  im about 5'8 or so and my average weight has been as always been 140-150 now at the docs office i weighed 192 :o i knew it was getting harder to get my socks on and to button my jeans but i never thought about how it was impacting my health and i am seeing that it is alot easier to put on than to take off i been on a low cholesterol and low fat diet for about a month now and i have lost 2 pounds :o ;D ::) so i think im gonna have to do something a little more aggressive  :-\ sounds like your doing good with yours so stick with it and good luck :)
hudson 228, timberking b20, s&w 125 ,lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
  • Avast! Here appeareth some sweetgummery about....
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 08:21:49 am »
sandsawmill, I'm not a doctor, but my understanding is that a low cholesterol, low fat diet will never in itself be a way of losing weight. I am actually on a high cholesterol, high fat diet. It matters what we put in our bodies. Choleterol and fat are not generally added directly to our body's fat and cholesterol inventories from our food. They are processed in, depending on other factors. One of those factors, especially for the fat, is the presence of starches. I am on a low starch diet. Our bodies make fat primarily out of starch. Take away the starch intake, or drastically reduce it, and weight loss should occur.

You can see this effect on feedlot cattle and pigs. Feed them a lot of corn and other grain, and they'll get flabby. Feed them a diet higher in soybean and other protein, and they'll be lean and muscular.

However, I don't eat soy products myself, as a general rule, because they mess with my hormones and tend to give me depression.
No matter how conventional wisdom may fly in the face of radical thought, it's still the most popular type.

Turbosawmill 8" cut GX390 Warrior Sawmill, 13hp Honda
MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 09:22:04 am »
thats good to know okrafarmer thanks   smiley_thumbsup i may need to do a little  :P on diets i have always been under weight until now so i have never had to think about it before :)

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:32 pm »
Yeah, that's just my understanding-- please know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, in fact actual doctors and nutritionists disagree on many of these things, and what do I know, I only have an associate's degree in farm management, but I did take animal nutrition.  :laugh:
No matter how conventional wisdom may fly in the face of radical thought, it's still the most popular type.

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »
Yeah, that's just my understanding-- please know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, in fact actual doctors and nutritionists disagree on many of these things, and what do I know, I only have an associate's degree in farm management, but I did take animal nutrition.  :laugh:

:D :D :D  sounds qualified to me  :) but i took tetracycline tablets  :o the kind you give your pets :o every time i got a bad cold or the flu for years then it got where i couldnt get them  :(  may be why i have been chasing my tail and getting nowhere for the last 20 yrs :D :D :D ::)

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 10:51:04 pm »
:D :D :D  sounds qualified to me  :) but i took tetracycline tablets  :o the kind you give your pets :o every time i got a bad cold or the flu for years then it got where i couldnt get them  :(  may be why i have been chasing my tail and getting nowhere for the last 20 yrs :D :D :D ::)

Ha that's funny, and whether you're pulling our leg or not, it's closer to the truth for some people than a lot of others realize!

;D

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Online LeeB

• Senior Member x2
  • proud to be a TEXAN in Arkansas
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 05:56:31 pm »
I've beendoing a HFLC diet for a year come Sept 29 and have lost right at 120 lbs. It works.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, Ford 851 tractor, JD 3032 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton and 2005 1 ton Dodge 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 11:24:15 pm »
I've beendoing a HFLC diet for a year come Sept 29 and have lost right at 120 lbs. It works.

Good for you, Lee! I hope next September I will have lost at least 80.

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline Peter Drouin

• Senior Member x2
    • Sanbornton Construction L.L.C.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:32 am »
Bibbyman, I see a lot of people eat right, but, don't get the exercise they need to get the fat off.
Sometimes you have to push yourself. I see some guys have a pain somewhere and stop doing things. Ever year does less and less and put weight on.

Had a Doc tell me the biggest thing [ The less you do, the less you can do.
After a while you can't do a thing.

Yeah, work more than eat.  :D :D :D

Best of luck to all trying to lose lb.
2008 LT40 super, And can cut up to 45' long
http://www.forestryforum.com/sanbornton     NH Timberland Owners Association supporter.
And a license NH soft wood grader.
Sawing since 1987

Offline sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 07:16:39 am »

Ha that's funny, and whether you're pulling our leg or not, it's closer to the truth for some people than a lot of others realize!

;D
nope thats the honest truth :o the only difference in most meds for animals and people is the dosage back several years ago the did a tv special ( i think it was 20/20 ) about the drug tramasol for animals it was a $1 pill  and the same drug was used as a heart med for people in a much lower dose  and cost alot more for a much smaller dose i cant remember the exact #s but it was like 50 times the price or something :o
but we had a barn of top hogs get sick one time and i had to give 600 hogs a shot for 3 days straight and accidently gave myself about 3 cc  :o :-[  i called my vet ( he was the one i got med from) and told him what happened and he said not to worry about the med but to watch for infection so it didnt kill me so that was my new cold med for years  ;D

Offline kensfarm

• Think!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 10:17:01 pm »
My friend at work.. once the doc gotta hold on him.. he had to stop smoking and all he could eat was cardboard.  He said he felt better when he was sicker.   ;D

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 10:52:55 pm »
You are doing well, good on ya. It is not an easy journey. While single I had been living on burgers and beer (too lazy to make proper meals) then got married to a DanG good cook. I am 6 feet tall with a medium build but hit 280lb. Doc told me to get the spare off and the cholesterol down before I had a stroke.
I took his advice to heart and pushed myself to walk a mile and a half a day on my lunch hour. I am now doing 2 1/2 miles a day, eat little junk food and keep the beer to one or two pints a week. I also push away from the table after one serving. I was never one for sweets but can't leave fresh fruit and ice cream alone. ;D
I have dropped 40 lb and two waist sizes but seem to have plateaued. It happened before so I just have to be patient and keep sight of my goal, I hope to be down another 10 by Christmas. It has not been easy but I am feeling a lot better with more energy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline redbeard

• Senior Member x2
    • whidbeysawmill.com
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 12:05:26 am »
Been following your progress Okrafarmer,
I too Iam trying too lose weight and have found great success changing my eating habits and doing alot of research on minerals.  I've lost 40 lbs. Since 1st of June. Plan on losing 75 total.
Surgar cravings are gone. And energy is back to normal. Back pain is gone. My eye sight has improved I have too take my prescription glasses off too drive now. My goal is too not have too take blood pressure pills when I retire in 4 years.
 Wish you the best stay the course.

www.whidbeysawmill.com   06 B-20 Timberking 30hp gas.  Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill    86 F-700 boom truck    JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharpener & Setter

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:29 pm »
Good to hear from everybody. I need to get a new bathroom scale at some point, and it hasn't been in the budget, though I hope to do that before too long. I was weighing myself at work, but now that I have changed jobs, I don't have that available to me. On my last day of work, I was down 20 lbs. from when I started weighing myself two months previously.

My new job involves some vigorous work at times, so I hope I will shortly be able to trace my weight down down down before long.

Diet is going well. I like drinking kifir, I've found.

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 11:09:30 am »
New job?? On the other thread it was still a question on if you got it or not.
Good job on the weight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 11:13:42 pm »
New job?? On the other thread it was still a question on if you got it or not.
Good job on the weight.

Um oops maybe I need to go back and update. Yes, I have a new job.  ;D

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline Ox

• Senior Member x2
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 10:49:32 am »
Congratulations on your new path in life!
Where do you find kefir?
What is your new job?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:59 pm »
Congratulations on your new path in life!
Where do you find kefir?
What is your new job?
Thanks!
Walmart, in the dairy section
I work for a local tree service now, one that I used to work for a few years ago.

;D

MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber