iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 390xpg issues?

Started by danbuendgen, September 02, 2016, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danbuendgen

I'm selling my two 562xpg's and thinking about getting a new 390xpg. They have one at my local husky daeler, for $1050. They will give me a little break if I pay cash. And they always give me the 3 year warranty. I have a 7 year old 390xp and love it. My best most reliable saw. So I want a second one.

My question is:
1, I hear the new 390s have some issues with the crank shaft and top end? True or False?
2, Do they have emissions crap to deal with or are they still "old school"?

I tried running the "new" style 372, and in short they sucked big time. EPA killed em'. Put on old style carb, vent, coil, ect. Helped, but still ran poorly. My 10 year old 372 ran better then the new ones did..... So I switched to the 562. And they are fine. But tend to have a harder warm start in summer time. And I like the big saw power for chopping.

Any info would be helpful. THANKS
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

RIDE-RED 350r

To my knowledge the 390 remains an unsullied, non-stratified 2-stroke. By and large, they remain "old school". But you will likely find limiters on the carb jets, and possibly a cat muffler.

I can't speak on any reliability questions as I have precisely zero experience with the 390. But I myself have not heard of any long standing issues with them. Don't they share the same crank as the 394/5? I can say there seems to be no shortage of people who love em! I'd be interested in one my own self if I didn't have a 394 project waiting for me on my bench.
Swedish, you know, like the chef.

celliott

There is no cat muffler on the 390.
There will be limiters on the carb, but it should be the same saw as your older 390.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

tranabo_bjoern

I am close to your saw with a 395 XP. This thing runs like hell, very nice tool. Mine is made in Sweden.

But, I think the price is too high. I paid for mine shipped, 20 inch bar, second chain $ 1100. Yours should be less than a grant, I think. Cash or not.
Just do it!

Husky 395xp 20 inch bar
Husky 460xp x-torq Rancher 24 and 20 inch bar
Husky 61 18 inch bar
Jonsered 2234 14 inch bar
McCulloch cs 380 18 inch bar

danbuendgen

Ok, thanks for the info.
My current 390 has (had) limiters on it. Took them off with a file when I did the muffler mod.
Would a 2010 395 have limiters? If so, would they be more or less the same on the 390? Just picked it up a few weeks ago at my local saw shop. I love big saws.  :)
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

tranabo_bjoern

Quote from: danbuendgen on September 06, 2016, 06:46:05 AM
Ok, thanks for the info.
My current 390 has (had) limiters on it. Took them off with a file when I did the muffler mod.
Would a 2010 395 have limiters? If so, would they be more or less the same on the 390? Just picked it up a few weeks ago at my local saw shop. I love big saws.  :)

As I know my 2016 Husky 395 has no limiters. If a 2010, I do not know. Ask Husqvarna. just put my 460 and 395 side-by-side, the 395 IS big.
Just do it!

Husky 395xp 20 inch bar
Husky 460xp x-torq Rancher 24 and 20 inch bar
Husky 61 18 inch bar
Jonsered 2234 14 inch bar
McCulloch cs 380 18 inch bar

celliott

Quote from: danbuendgen on September 06, 2016, 06:46:05 AM
Ok, thanks for the info.

It probably will have limiters on the carb, for the 395xp and the 390. The 395 design really hasn't changed at all. Again, should be near identical to the one you already have, in terms of muffler, carb, limiters, etc.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!