iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cellulitis -2

Started by Jim_Rogers, August 23, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Well, I got it.

I was having some leg pain and then it turned red and swelled up.
I went to the doctor's office last Friday morning, and he said ER right away.

ER doctor said IV antibiotics right away, and you're not going anywhere today.

I spent 48 hours in hospital over the weekend with bags of antibiotics every 6 hours.
Got released Sunday morning and am on antibiotics for the next 10 days.

No photos, you don't need to see my red leg with the marker ring around it like Jeff's. but it is very similar.
Stayed off it most of yesterday, but I have one log to saw today.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ed_K

I hope you'll be ok and the week end wasn't to bad. They tried to overload me on the IV and my whole body swelled up so much that I weighted 10# more than when I went in. That was just for a kidney stone, you have to keep an eye on them nurse practiceners.
Ed K

Jeff

Don't take any chances Jim.  I still have issues with mine after all this time.  I had a flair up two weeks before the pigroast and got back on the antibiotics and it cleared up quite quickly. My leg has never completely healed, but I had a spider encounter in there too that did not help matters.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red

Definitely take it easy . I remember when CNN Science journalist Miles O'Brien had his arm amputated from muscle compartment syndrome.  Miles jokingly said  Life is all about playing the hand that is dealt to you . Actually I would love somebody to deal me another hand right about now  in more ways than one . Take good care of your Leg Jim .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for all your advice.

I will be taking care if it for a long time, and watching it closely.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

I went to the store today to get some "tall" socks to cover my legs from the knee down. Walmart didn't have anything.
I went across the way to Dick's sporting goods and got two different brands of "soccer" socks.
I am trying a pair on now. Don't like them too small and too tight.
I had to cut the top of one of them just to get it on over my bad leg.

I will be returning the other pair.

What am I looking for?
Hockey socks, basketball socks? I need something that will stretch out over my leg(s) and keep them clean from blowing sawdust on them as I am healing up.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Jim Rogers

Ox

Pantyhose?  No kidding, I'm being serious.  Aren't there some kind of men's pantyhose like compression thingamajiggers?  Or how about thin cotton pants?  Maybe Dickies?  Just trying to help spark a light is all.  :-\
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ed_K

Rita say's look for leg warmer's, they should be coming out for the season about now. They'd cover from your ankles to your knees.
Ed K

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for all your advice.

I spent some time at Dick's this evening returning the package I didn't open of Soccer socks.
And working with this very nice older then this morning's clerk trying to find something that would work. They didn't have any "hockey" socks. or basketball socks or even baseball socks that would work. I looked at hockey "shin" sleeves online with the older clerk, but they didn't have any of them in stock to just see if they would work.
I guess this is a task that I'm going to have to put to my wife to see if she can find something that will work.
I really don't want to be blowing sawdust onto my leg.
And it's way to hot for long pants, now.

Jim Rogers

OneWithWood

Check out Fox River socks.  Look for the over-the-calf (otc) styles.  Some of the forestry catalogue sites may also have some.  Amazon lists some of the Fox River styles also.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawguy21

Interesting this should come up. Karen took a tumble Monday morning and ended up in hospital, fortunately nothing broken but damaged some ligaments and muscles. One toe started to swell and looked inflamed so back to ER this morning, we were afraid she might have broken it. It was determined to be cellulitis which is dangerous for a diabetic. If we had left it gangrene could have set in, it is nothing to fool with.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jdtuttle

Jim, I just bought a couple pair of these socks that may work. Good luck
Browning Hosiery Men's Over-the-Calf Heavyweight Wool Blend Socks-Pack of 2
Have a great day

Jim_Rogers

jd Thanks I order a pair we'll see how they work out.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!