iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

planning- poor short-good long

Started by woodmills1, November 14, 2004, 06:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Was headed outside an hour ago to cut some oak 1x6 and wham no blades Poor Short Term Planning.  Cleaned and preped the sharpener and now leaving with 6 blades ready to go.  Buying the sharpener was Good Long Term Planning.

Major benifit of owning sharpener/setter is the convienience of always knowing a sharp band is only a few minutes away.  Not to mention the savings over the years of using them untill they break or get so short they wont sharpen.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Larry

Woodmills, your planning couldn't have been better as your post reminded me about time to sharpen up some bands.  Wandered out to the shed and checked the peg that holds bands ready to be sharpened and it was empty. ???  The peg that holds bands waiting to be set and sharpened appeared to be near breaking from the load it was carrying. ::)  

All of a sudden I remembered my least favorite hobby...setting bands. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

woodmills1

would rather shovel sawdust all day than set.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!