iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vermin!

Started by Dave Shepard, August 31, 2016, 11:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Had a couple of customers at the mill doing some custom sawing this morning and just when I thought things were going smoothly, my Autoclutch stopped working. Traced it to the ground wires for the sensors. When I took the Autoclutch cover off, the perpetrator was sitting on the motor starting at me with his beady little eyes. He ran off to a safer hiding spot. If the mill was wired for 240, this problem would be self curing with the first nibble.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Percy

I guess them critters gotta live somewheres...still a pain when they start wrecking stuff. I just laid 3200 sq feet of plywood on my mill floor and the ravens are deciding that overnight roosting in my roof trusses is the latest trend. Got no problem sharing the roof but they must be eating good cause there is poop everywhere(maybe they are trying to tell me something  ;D).....I ordered some owl decoys that are supposed to scare them off......wonder if they will work...???
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

It's amazing how they will hold on while the sawmill is running.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Percy

Quote from: Magicman on August 31, 2016, 01:24:47 PM
It's amazing how they will hold on while the sawmill is running.   :o
:D :D :D :D :D pics??  :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

WV Sawmiller

Percy,

Good luck with the Owl or Hawk decoys. I have a couple out at my shooting houses and deer stands to scare the doves away who steal the corn out of my feeders. The doves are not scared of them. I've thought about tying them to fishing line and have them swoop down at them to see if that works. S o far only a slingshot has worked on the few I hit when I am there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DMcCoy

I really like "The Better Mousetrap".  Cleanest trap I have ever used and effective.
I have learned you can kill the little ones with a quick hard swat....not in a 240v control box...

RayRayYJ

I had one run out of a log last week...he was no match for Spartacus! Crazy rooster killed it fast...so that's my new 'organic' mouse control.

DMcCoy

"Hey! this chicken tastes like mouse" :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A mouse killing chicken,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!