iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ketchikan Story Project

Started by Jeff, August 31, 2016, 08:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This morning I got an email from douginutah asking me if I had ever seen the DVD Ketchikan: The Timber Years. I had not, so I looked it up and discovered you could watch it on line, I watched that, and in the credits at the end, where they continue to have film clips, there was a web address for the whole film project. I highly recommend it. I've only watched the Timber Years but will certainly now watch the other films.

I watched the timber years on Vimeo

http://ketchikanstories.com/

https://vimeo.com/75746420
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bill Gaiche

Onthesauk

My Sister has lived in Ketchikan for many years.  She sent me that video for Christmas a year or two ago.  Also one on "A Fish Story" and "The Bush Pilots."  All good stuff.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Kas

I lived in Ketch for three years back when the pine mill and the pulp mill out at Ward Cove were still in full swing, mid to late 70's. As a young Coastie it was amazing to tour their plants and watch what they did there.  When we were building the Shoal Cove Loran station, before we had any of our own facilities out there, we lived in one of the logging camps, ate with them, and hitched rides with them on their logging trucks to our construction site. Living there and experiencing the old Ketchikan definitely left a lasting impression on this at the time 20 yr old that grew up in a city.
Scott

Magicman

Thank you DouginUtah and Jeff.  We did not go to Ketchikan, but some of the coastal towns in Alaska were similar.  We watched a tender unload a fishing boat in Valdez which was exciting as well as educational.  I

I enjoyed watching the entire series.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!