iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Makes me feel good to see my lumber bringing joy

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 29, 2016, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When most of my lumber leaves, it goes far away. But when a customer is local, I love to go see the results of my sawing.
A really nice lady 7 miles away lost her husband to cancer a little over a year ago. Evidently she came into some money and told me she was gonna fix her place up the way she wanted it.

She hired a contractor that is really good at his craft and we all went to work.

This lady is the one who bought my Cedar Outhouse to go beside her new pool.
The building crew re-did the front of her house with Cedar.
She had a double garage framed with Pine and planked with Poplar. The garage also has a loft with stairs.
The garage doors will be able to open with a remote control from her car.

We all got together and figured our plan and timeline. Believe it or not...all this was built with no rainy days resulting in down time.

I sawed Poplar until I was cross eyed.  ::)
582 / 1x8x10's. I don't have a count on the Pine and Cedar.

The Cedar porch and  shutters were sealed with CABOT Australian Tung Oil.
The Poplar will be sealed on the outside also after completion.

I think the place looks great and she is one happy lady.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cliffreaves

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

That looks excellent.  Does the Tung Oil stand up to UV pretty good? I am looking for something that keeps the Cedar look as long as possible. So far 5 yr stuff last 2 months.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ozarkgem on August 29, 2016, 08:54:16 PM
Does the Tung Oil stand up to UV pretty good? I am looking for something that keeps the Cedar look as long as possible. So far 5 yr stuff last 2 months.

I guess it depends on a lot of factors.
I've always sealed Cedar and when it needs it again, seal it again.
I'm not sure what the best product is.

ozarkgem

Sealing is not the problem it is the UV. How long has the Cedar been treated in the pics? If I could get it to stay looking like that for a year I could up my sales.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Magicman

I agree, it is nice to be able to see your lumber used.  Yours obviously will be enjoyed for many years.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 29, 2016, 09:08:41 PM
I agree, it is nice to be able to see your lumber used.  Yours obviously will be enjoyed for many years.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

This is the job I burned the HD motor on. I had to keep going.  ;D

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Since the hydraulic motor was short lived after the rebuild, I suspect that it had been damaged by the previous failure.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 29, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Since the hydraulic motor was short lived after the rebuild, I suspect that it had been damaged by the previous failure.

It first started slowing down on a big Oak log. I just kept using it through the Poplar job until the new one got here.
My motto......just do it!  :D :D :D
My motor guy is now stocking this motor and brushes.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

JustinW_NZ

Nice, and yes, its always good to see the end result!

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

scully

I bleed orange  .

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Czech_Made

As it should, it's a joy and inspiration just looking at pictures.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 29, 2016, 08:19:29 PM
When most of my lumber leaves, it goes far away. But when a customer is local, I love to go see the results of my sawing.
A really nice lady 7 miles away lost her husband to cancer a little over a year ago. Evidently she came into some money and told me she was gonna fix her place up the way she wanted it.

She hired a contractor that is really good at his craft and we all went to work.

This lady is the one who bought my Cedar Outhouse to go beside her new pool.
The building crew re-did the front of her house with Cedar.
She had a double garage framed with Pine and planked with Poplar. The garage also has a loft with stairs.
The garage doors will be able to open with a remote control from her car.

We all got together and figured our plan and timeline. Believe it or not...all this was built with no rainy days resulting in down time.

I sawed Poplar until I was cross eyed.  ::)
582 / 1x8x10's. I don't have a count on the Pine and Cedar.

The Cedar porch and  shutters were sealed with CABOT Australian Tung Oil.
The Poplar will be sealed on the outside also after completion.

I think the place looks great and she is one happy lady.

tnaz

Quote from: Czech_Made on August 30, 2016, 10:57:17 AM
As it should, it's a joy and inspiration just looking at pictures.

X2 Czech.

Thanks for sharing PostOnLT40HD.

tmarch

RUTRO now the wife will see this and I "we as she says it" will be sawing and sweating, but hopefully "we" can do as good a job. :o :o
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Carson-saws

OUTSTANDING!!...I bet that brought a smile back to Her face indeed.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

newoodguy78

Very nice work. Compliments to all involved. What would you call that style of siding? Board on board?

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

acewoodturner

Its also a very good advert for your products and services.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!