iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT15 First start up

Started by 1Cross1WayLT15, August 28, 2016, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Cross1WayLT15

I'm new to the forum and new to the Mizer. Brand new lt15. Finished all assembly today. Trying to do first START-UP. (Using choke) Tried starting 30 times. Plenty of battery, got gas, got oil, engine cranks fine. However, it does act like it's not getting gas. The plastic cylinder (fuel filter?) in line with the gas hose has about a table spoon of gas in it. Should that cylinder be full? Anyhow, it cranks and cranks but no start. Am I having a gas problem or something else? This is a brand NEW LT15.
Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

Kbeitz

I allways put a little gas in an oil can and squart some in the carb
to see if it is a gas problem. Then I go from there...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

tnaz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum 1Cross1WayLT15, as Mr. K has stated a little gas in a squirt can will let you know if its fuel or electrical.  A little fuel not a lot  because fire is easy doing this!!!!

Always have an extinguisher on hand.

Terry

breazyears

Check your plug after you crank it over. If its soaked than your getting gas. Put the plug back in the lead and crank it to see if you got spark. If your getting spark and gas you should get boom.

ETHURSTON

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, 1Cross1WayLT15!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum! Those little filters usually don't fill up all the way.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Oh man,so close,yet so far. Belt not engaged is it? I tried to start a brand new Troy Built with the belt engaged.  ::) I finally noticed and it started right up on the next pull.  ;D
welcome to the forum.
What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

Dumb question I know, but it is full of oil isn't it. Many engines now have a low oil shutdown switch, and I have seen bad ones.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, 1Cross1WayLT15.

I don't have any LT15 experience, but stating the engine size/type might help.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seavee

Welcome to the forum.  My first move would be to look at the plug. Is it wet ? If yes check to be sure you have spark.  Things to look for is low oil, bad spark plug, yes a new plug can be bad. If plug is not wet  then a fuel problem.  Fuel can also not be pumped by a low oil problem.  Good luck  I'm Sure it's not to big of a deal.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Jack S

Is their possibly a safety shut off switch that might be off???

killamplanes

No help to your problem but welcome to the forum.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

carykong

I had a bit of difficulty getting fuel to the carb on occassion.  Installed inline primer bulb,problem solved.
As a check, disconnect the fuel line at the carb and crank the engine and look for fuel flow.

terrifictimbersllc

If you've had the choke on all the time it could be flooded. Agree check plugs to see if they're wet and if there is spark.  If both then could be flooded. I have a 2 stroke outboard that does that sometimes if I squeeze the bulb so much that gas comes out of the carb. Wait a few hours then try starting for a while with no choke, looking for any sign of a start, keep going and it will get better and start.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

scully

Is the fuel  tank vent open ? I can't recall if the cap is an auto-vent or not . Welcome to the forum . I'm sure this will be an easy fix . Don't forget the WM tech. line
I bleed orange  .

1Cross1WayLT15

ALL, thanks so much for the welcome and the possible checks!! It's Monday and back to work. I'll go through these checks in the next couple days.
FYI it's a WM LT15 Kohler 19hp. Here is my initial set up.
Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

1Cross1WayLT15

Gas tank does have a red nozzle ...looks like a shut on and off valve. However it does not say which way is on or off! I've tried both positions.
Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

1Cross1WayLT15

Thecfarm... Milling for a couple chicken coops, WM shed to protect it and a large add on to my barn.
Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

sparks

The red knob needs to be aiming up for it to be open. If it still will not start, remove the hose from the fitting and make it longer so you can put it directly into the fuel tank. If it runs now the shut off is defective. Give us a call.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

1Cross1WayLT15

Sparks, great!! Thank you!!
Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

Weekend_Sawyer

Good luck and call Woodmizer, they have great tech support.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV Sawmiller

Another dumb suggestion is to check the direction of flow on the fuel filter. If reversed that could be stopping the fuel from reaching the carb.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

1Cross1WayLT15

Rookie -
WM LT15 (w/ Power Feed).

Thank You Sponsors!