iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Peterbilt Project

Started by jmiller, August 27, 2016, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiller

I have always wanted to build a custom motorcoach/motorhome for 25 years or more.  I found a 1980 359 Peterbilt extended hood truck.   She was rough and had a bad engine.  My father passed away in 2007.  He had built a custom 400 Cummins big cam for a friend of the family.  He gave me the engine.   67 k miles
Slider has been on my butt to post some pictures and share the project.   So here we go.   First time posting pics.   bear with me
Jason Miller

jmiller

Ok folks.   Why can't I use pictures from my iPhone?
Jason Miller

starmac

Don't have a clue, but hope you get her figured out, cuz I am an old truck junkie.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

thecfarm

First thing you have to have an album to put your pictures into. The albums will always be here,no dreaded red "X" in a post.
Once you put the pictures in your album,you link from your album to a post.
Don't know nothing about them der new phones.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

Hope you get the pictures figured out.

I saw a cool Peterbuilt or KW camper last week. I know the guy who stretched the frame and he told me the owner was going to go to Bonneville for a speed trial but I didn't get the engine details.
Not trying to hijack... just provide some entertainment during the intermission ....  :)

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

starmac

That would be an A model KW. I have one factory stretched I hope to start restoring this winter.

jmiller

Well I have them in my gallery.  finally
Jason Miller

thecfarm

Yes,36 pictures in there.
Please read the first part of this link.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html

Pictures are suppose to be used just for posting. If not used in a post,it should not be there.

The first reply should help you with posting pictures. I think it's the last one in the first reply,by Jeff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jmiller

Sorry folks.   I will try again at a later date.   I deleted them.  again sorry for the mixup
Jason Miller

Autocar

Old truck junkie also need pictures of old Peterbilt  ;D
Bill

Kindlinmaker

Wonder if the fellow in the picture above belongs to the Airstream Club.  That would put some starch in the shorts of their generally conservative membership.
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

slider

I can tell you this Kindinmaker,Jmiller is dead focused on this project.And it won't be an airstream parked on a fine old Peterbilt.Not knocking Airstream they are top shelf.This old girl is going to have some sweet lines.Ray give us a minute to get the picture thing to work with his apple phone and he will share this build which i hope some of you will enjoy.al
al glenn

Autocar

Slider how did you come out on your build ? I followed it but somewhere lost it sure would enjoy seeing how your coming.
Bill

Just Me

I'm building one out of a Grumman-Olson step van, and as my mind is prone to wandering I thought about using an aluminum step van body on behind and a B model Mack, my personal favorite. Would not be at all hard to do with a Pete as you could find an old sleeper easily to make the transition look factory.

These Grummans are built like an airplane, light and strong. Plus the body comes down over the frame about 13", aluminum floor is seriously solid. Worth a look as a non runner can be had cheap.

Larry
Curious to see what you get going on as well, but being as I always have problems with pictures as well, no pressure. :D

starmac

I haven't seen him the last couple of summers, maybe even three, but there is an old retired trucker that has camper trailer mounted on an old b model, It looks terrible to me.
While it looks bad it is functional and he comes up and tools around in the summer, the neat thing is that when he wrecked his haul road truck and gave up being a trucker, he took the 425 sporting a jake and retarder, the 18 speed and the 46.000 rears with air lockers on air ride suspension and stuffed it all in that old b model. Great rig, it just looks bad to my eyes.

Grizzly

Quote from: slider on August 30, 2016, 06:07:38 PM
give us a minute to get the picture thing to work with his apple phone and he will share this build which i hope some of you will enjoy.al

Good. I wanna read and see this.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

slider

Autocar the 359 pete is 95% finished.The temporary paint shed is to low to put the pipes on and so now i have to build a taller shop to keep it in.About all i need to do is finish the headliner,install the breathers and get the air working.I can't just put this old girl out in the open.I am going to ad on to my sawing shelter soon and will dedicate part of it to the pete.When she hit's the street i will post picks.I'm hauling corn now in a wore out old kw and a decent mack so brother i can't wait.Thanks for asking.al
al glenn

Autocar

O Boy can't wait to see her  ;D. Love those old class eight trucks.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!