iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who Buys White Oak Stave boards

Started by just_sawing, August 20, 2016, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I have a source for white oak stave Logs. I understand how to cut the boards but I don't know who is buying them in TN. Could someone help me with a source.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

cliffreaves

I was looking for this same thing a while back and talked to a nice guy in Missouri  with the American stave company.   He gave me the contact for the guy in middle tn which is on their website.   It is Lance Milner (931) 265-7182.  I tried calling once on a Friday afternoon and left a message, but never heard back.  Perhaps you'll have better luck.   I was also looking for someone who buys veneer logs and the closest I found was about 4hrs away in West tn. 

4x4American

Try doing a search for cooperages in your area.  We have a few of them around here but they don't wanna pay nothin for premium stuff.
Boy, back in my day..

killamplanes

I do business with American stave. Logs not lumber. And u usually have to try the buyer a couple times to get there attention. They are usually spread pretty thin but good people to deal with. Atleast my experience...
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

dgdrls

Quote from: 4x4American on August 21, 2016, 08:20:12 AM
Try doing a search for cooperages in your area.  We have a few of them around here but they don't wanna pay nothin for premium stuff.

Who's buying in NY??

D

JB Griffin

Its pretty simple, sell stave logs for $1200mbf Doyle, buy tie logs for $400mdf Doyle, saw ties and grade, sell ties for $27 each and grade for $80-$900mbf. And there you have it, you just made more money than you could have trying to saw staves on a bandmill.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

4x4American

Quote from: dgdrls on August 21, 2016, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on August 21, 2016, 08:20:12 AM

Who's buying in NY??

D

Hudson River Cooperage is one of the companies who reached out to me...There are cooperages all over the place I drove by one on the way out to Boonville.  They want QS WO CTL for way too little $.
Boy, back in my day..

dgdrls

Interesting,  I never really looked for the industry
here other than at the wineries in the Finger Lakes.
Most of those places use SS or purchase barrels elsewhere.

Thanks
D

Thank You Sponsors!